Page 10 of 14 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast

Thread: Pistols you regret buying...

Site Supporter
    A charter arms 44sp bulldog, what a waste of material and labor to make that thing not to mention my money.

Every .380 I owned.

A Martini-Henry in 45-90 or 110 with a full octagon bull barrel that was almost as tall as me and almost as heavy.

A glock 36. That thing felt in my hand like a 1x2 board with the corners rounded.

A kimber ultra, it taught me to appreciate a full size 1911.

Their are others but those are the ones that stick out in my mind.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Kel-Tec P11 (I think). Took S&W mags. Kept it for a minute.

XD40. Got rid of it after a month.

Both of those were early 2K era.
    Last edited by Lon; 11-04-2017 at 04:46 PM.
    Formerly known as xpd54.
    The opinions expressed in this post are my own and do not reflect the opinions or policies of my employer.
    www.gunsnobbery.wordpress.com

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Greg View Post
    Several unreliable S&W 3rd Gen autos. The 4006 was the last one before I swore off S&W pistols. Why gun hipsters revere these things is beyond me. (still like the 3913 though.
    Huh. I've got a 3913 and a 3913LS. The number of malfunctions between the two of them in 3 years is zero. The only time they have not run when i pulled the trigger is when the magazine was empty or not in the gun. IOW, they have been flawless, from the first day I took the first one shooting. I love them. In fact, I just put money down on a 4516-1. I was thinking of getting a 4506, but they are huge. I could see me carrying the 4516, but not a 645 or 4506, so I turned aside from those (they had a 745, too) and put a deposit on the 4516.

I shall be disappoint if it is not every bit as wonderfully reliable and accurate as the 9mms. I may even get a 5906 one day.

<<hipster. I guess.

Quote Originally Posted by serialsolver View Post
    A charter arms 44sp bulldog, what a waste of material and labor to make that thing not to mention my money.
    I had one of those. It had a heavy, super inconsistent trigger pull, I think because the hammer rubbed the side of the frame, as well as a front sight that was a tich crooked. I'd almost include it in this thread EXCEPT the gun went bang every time I pulled the trigger, and would roll the cylinder around to present a fresh cartridge, thus completing its cycle of operations, UNLIKE the AMT Hardballer I bought on my 21st birthday.

I traded a guy straight across, my Hardballer for his Bulldog. So in relative terms, the Bulldog was a great gun.
    I was into 10mm Auto before it sold out and went mainstream, but these days I'm here for the revolver and epidemiology information.

Walther PPK
    Glock 23
    Sig P220
    Facts matter...Feelings Can Lie

Glock 41 , "fat grip" is being nice.

M&P Compact 1st version , short grip is as bad as fat grip.

Probably the only one I really regret would be the Charter Arms Pathfinder that wouldn't extract.

There were many others that were not what I really wanted, and I knew that when I bought them, enjoyed them for a while, then moved on. On a couple of occasions I wanted something that was a stretch so I sold EVERYTHING that wasn't EXACTLY what I wanted, figuring I would ultimately replace them all with what I really wanted. In almost every instance expect maybe the CA these are all things I wish I could still have...

Site Supporter
    Kahr PM9 - Hard to hold onto due to size, harsh recoil and you only had to look at the mag catch for it to release the mag. Additionally the mags would not hold on to the top round unless carried in a form fitting mag pouch. It was a very expensive attempt at finding a J frame alternative.

SA XD-E. It was a decent gun, but it was almost as big as a G19 and only a single stack.
    You are free to choose, but you are not free from the consequence of your choice.

Charter Arms Bulldog
    Early 90's, Rossi 721 3".44spl. It always went bang, but... the only time that reading Hal Swigget led me wrong.

By the time I saw a Taurus 431 snubby, I'd already been tainted against anything that didn't say S&W on the side.
    Last edited by jandbj; 11-05-2017 at 11:40 AM.

User Tag List