Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Every Issue of IWBA Wound Ballistics Review Available Online

Site Supporter
    I still have my hard copy set, but this is like Christmas just came again! Thanks, Shawn!
    Regional Government Sales Manager for Aimpoint, Inc. USA
    Co-owner Hardwired Tactical Shooting (HiTS)

If one carefully reads through the IWBA Journals, they will note there are few things in terminal ballistics that are new. Almost every new sensational wonder is merely a variation on things that we knew about decades ago. Each time I give a lecture somewhere--even at professional organizations, units, agencies, and academic institutions, I am utterly amazed at how much of this historical data and real world knowledge is not more widely known. So many myths and misconceptions doggedly remain in the popular culture, as well as professional groups, despite the questions being definitively settled decades ago. We live in an age of almost limitless availability of information, yet we seem to "know" less than ever. A vast amount of "information" I have found on the internet (mainstream media, Wiki, blogs, YouTube, vendor advertising etc...) and even within professional literature is wrong, as are many of the "experts" I have run across. Critical discrimination, logical thought, and objective fact seems to have disappeared in the face of "feelings" and subjective opinions. Sad to observe, especially with supposed professionals...
    Last edited by DocGKR; 03-26-2018 at 11:20 AM.
    Facts matter...Feelings Can Lie

I missed this when originally posted but just hit 'download all'. Thanks for the link.
    "Gunfighting is a thinking man's game. So we might want to bring thinking back into it."-MDFA

Quote Originally Posted by DocGKR View Post
    ... So many myths and misconceptions doggedly remain in the popular culture, as well as professional groups, despite the questions being definitively settled decades ago. We live in an age of almost limitless availability of information, yet we seem to "know" less than ever. A vast amount of "information" I have found on the internet (mainstream media, Wiki, blogs, YouTube, vendor advertising etc...) and even within professional literature is wrong, as are many of the "experts" I have run across. Critical discrimination, logical thought, and objective fact seems to have disappeared in the face of "feelings" and subjective opinions...
    This right here says it all. It doesn't matter what the subject matter is. We are awash in data, but lacking in knowledge. And as Doc said - critical thinking is a lost art.

God help us.
    Last edited by Moonshot; 03-26-2018 at 02:21 PM.

WBR in FDF format!

Wow... I have been away so long I am expecting to see the Statue of Liberty half-covered with sand! This is wonderful, I have wanted to see the WBR in PDF format for YEARS! I have the entire set from when I was an IWBA member, but did not want to 'wear out' the pages by constantly opening and closing them. My set is safely stored to prevent that. This is GREAT! Thank you!

Quote Originally Posted by DocGKR View Post
    If one carefully reads through the IWBA Journals, they will note there are few things in terminal ballistics that are new. Almost every new sensational wonder is merely a variation on things that we knew about decades ago. Each time I give a lecture somewhere--even at professional organizations, units, agencies, and academic institutions, I am utterly amazed at how much of this historical data and real world knowledge is not more widely known. So many myths and misconceptions doggedly remain in the popular culture, as well as professional groups, despite the questions being definitively settled decades ago. We live in an age of almost limitless availability of information, yet we seem to "know" less than ever. A vast amount of "information" I have found on the internet (mainstream media, Wiki, blogs, YouTube, vendor advertising etc...) and even within professional literature is wrong, as are many of the "experts" I have run across. Critical discrimination, logical thought, and objective fact seems to have disappeared in the face of "feelings" and subjective opinions. Sad to observe, especially with supposed professionals...
    Agree 100%!

User Tag List