Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: The Drawbacks of a Subcompact Single-Stack 9mm

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Cypher View Post
    I've never fired a Glock 43 but I owned a Shield for a couple of years.

I had a couple of issues with the Shield from the beginning. I never really felt comfortable with the capacity and I felt that the grip was a little small in my hand although I could shoot it well.

The deal breaker for me was the morning I was walking my dog and got surrounded by 5 weed heads who were staying with a neighbor. Nothing happened but I decided I just wasn't comfortable with less than 12 rounds and got a 9C.

I have always been on a restricted budget with regards to my gun "collection" and one of the biggest advantages (for me) of the 9C over the Shield was that I could use my M&P9FS magazines in the 9C if I needed to.

Having said all that in March of this year I traded in the 9C for a Glock 19 and became a "Never carry anything smaller than a Glock 19 guy". I will also say that the fact that Glock Magazines on sale are about 10 bucks cheaper than S&W magazines on sale is a deciding factor for me.
    I agree. I own and like those little guns like the G43, the Shield and even a XDs. They are easy to carry and hide. Most shoot pretty well. The problem I have with them and why they all sit in my safe is because most of the punks that are out there carry something bigger and better. I've seen many gangsters with high capacity 9's lately. So right off the bat I'm under armed. Then factor in multiple offenders and you have an even bigger problem.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Mr_White View Post
    I enjoyed watching that video - nice shooting Mr Pink!

I can't say I have any special insight on gripping the 43, beyond the obvious of feeling like it needs to be gripped hard. I've worked with mine some, but not a lot. My only real takeaway from the little bit of shooting I've done with it, is a major need for patience on that trigger. I have to be patient through the entirety of that thick-feeling pressure wall. I feel like I have to give a lot of effort to shoot it well, but that it does have a lot of capability for such a small gun.

Tried my class testing on it a while back (practice environment only though.) First time through I was able to hit the Light Pin threshold, but not quite Turbo. Second attempt I was just barely able to reach the overall Turbo level.

Light Pin level

Turbo Pin level
    @Mr_White
    I'm curious what holster you are using with your G43.
    Jesus paid a debt he did not owe,
    Because I owed a debt I could not pay.

Quote Originally Posted by Irelander View Post
    @Mr_White
    I'm curious what holster you are using with your G43.
    Keepers Errand.
    Technical excellence supports tactical preparedness
    Lord of the Food Court
    http://www.gabewhitetraining.com

User Tag List