Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: klikbelts

Quote Originally Posted by Tom_Jones View Post
    What if I told you "tactical" is a fashion category now.
    That's fantastical!!!

Me too.
    They have a band to tuck the belt end into to keep it from flopping.

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by TAZ View Post
    I wish the free end would have some Velcro or something to keep it from flapping in the breeze.
    Thread it the other way with the tail on the inside.
    Takes a tiny bit longer (and a few unbuckling/adjust/rebuckle cycles) to put on but makes for a much cleaner setup and no flappy tail to worry about.
    "For a moment he felt good about this. A moment or two later he felt bad about feeling good about it. Then he felt good about feeling bad about feeling good about it and, satisfied, drove on into the night."
    -- Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy --

Site Supporter
    Yes, it is and if you don’t unclick the two pieces of the cobra buckle it functions EXACTLY like the the instructor belt buckle. It just has the added benefit that you can then separate the the two ends of the buckle to remove your pants without tearing Velcro or having the end of the belt free (potentially allowing your holster to slide off the belt).
    Yes, I see your point. My RDR EDC belt with cobra buckle is constructed a bit differently. It uses a velcro strip sewn to the scuba webbing to attach one half of the buckle. The klikbelt looks to be a more convenient design. Best, ELN.

So another belt where you have to unthread the webbing from the buckle to put it on/take it off or to put a holster on the belt.
    Except the Wilderness has like an inch more room to thread the tail through, the Cobra buckles are obnoxious in that sense. They typically don't thread through most pant loops for me so the five Cobra belts I have are strewn about the house.
    Think for yourself. Question authority.

What if I told you "tactical" is a fashion category now.
    " La rose est sans pourquoi, elle fleurit parce qu’elle fleurit ; Elle n’a souci d’elle-même, ne demande pas si on la voit. » Angelus Silesius
    "There are problems in this universe for which there are no answers." Paul Muad'dib

As a twenty year or so wearer of Wilderness belts, and five years with the Talon Tactical, what wears out first is the Velcro, necessitating webbing replacement. If the belt functions without Velcro, it should last much longer.

My wife loves the cobra buckle since girls drop trou more than guys, plus she often clips our dog’s leash to her belt when hiking.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

I think I may end up cutting all the velcro off my belts.
    I'll teach you about laces and you can cut the velcro off your shoes as well!
    "For a moment he felt good about this. A moment or two later he felt bad about feeling good about it. Then he felt good about feeling bad about feeling good about it and, satisfied, drove on into the night."
    -- Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy --

No doubt, it is slightly harder to thread the webbing through a cobra buckle than the buckle on the Wilderness belt. But I haven’t used a Wilderness belt in almost a decade (because I dislike their buckle/Velcro arrangement) so perhaps I don’t appreciate how much more “difficult” the Cobra buckle is.

That’s why no one does that.
    So let I get this straight. With a cobra buckle I have to remove the webbing from the buckle, run it through my belt loops, then run it back through the buckle only backwards (JodyH style). Then the benefit is that I can drop trou more frequently without velcro.

The main advantage I see in riggers belts (other than emergency rappeling out of windows ) is that when I remove my IWB holster I snug up the belt with the velcro.

Really, I want to be modern, or cool, or both, I'm just not sure I can handle the change.
    "Gunfighting is a thinking man's game. So we might want to bring thinking back into it."-MDFA

Beware of my temper, and the dog that I've found...

The belt I use most is a USPSA Velcro inner belt.

Name:  510A5F70-B23C-442A-87EE-CCC38A70C957.jpg
Views: 510
Size:  80.5 KB
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

User Tag List