Page 87 of 95 FirstFirst ... 37778586878889 ... LastLast

Thread: Glock 19X?

Quote Originally Posted by HCountyGuy View Post
    So I fiddled around with one of these at an LGS recently, and honestly didn’t like it. For me the balance felt off and the grip was slick. Funny that I didn’t have much issue with the Gen5s, but this 19X would just not fit into my hand to my liking. Also felt like I had to work more to aim it versus other Glocks. Wheras I could pick up other Glocks, point at a target and everything just “locked in” the 19X took more effort.

Have to admit I was surprised that I wasn’t fond of it.
    This strikes me as odd as the frame really isn’t that big of a departure from a Gen4 or Gen5 Glock 17/34. What other Glocks just lock into your hands where this one didn’t?

Sent from mah smertfone using tapathingy

Quote Originally Posted by spinmove_ View Post
    This strikes me as odd as the frame really isn’t that big of a departure from a Gen4 or Gen5 Glock 17/34. What other Glocks just lock into your hands where this one didn’t?

I own a Gen3 19 which points instinctively for me. I test fired a Gen5 19 and came away fond of it. I’ve also messed around with the Gen5 17 and 34 and liked them well enough.

Not sure what it was but it seemed like the grip angle was slightly different as I had to dip the front more to get the sights lined up. Plus the night sights it had (factory) seemed particularly low profile which seemed to make it harder for me to line everything else up quickly.
    “Conspiracy theories are just spoiler alerts these days.”

I own a Gen3 19 which points instinctively for me. I test fired a Gen5 19 and came away fond of it. I’ve also messed around with the Gen5 17 and 34 and liked them well enough.

Not sure what it was but it seemed like the grip angle was slightly different as I had to dip the front more to get the sights lined up. Plus the night sights it had (factory) seemed particularly low profile which seemed to make it harder for me to line everything else up quickly.
    The frame is essentially the same as a G17/34 with VERY minor differences, grip angle not being one of them. My guess is that it was your perception of the sights throwing you off more than anything.

Not sure it has been mentioned in this thread, but the X comes with marine cups. Apparently it was spec’d by or for the military submission.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    Not sure it has been mentioned in this thread, but the X comes with marine cups. Apparently it was spec’d by or for the military submission.
    Don’t understand why they don’t put these in all their guns. What’s the downside? Cost?

Just spit balling here but I've scratched my head over why I haven't managed to shoot a Gen 5 for 25 yard slowfire precision as I can a comparable Gen 4 - with equal weight trigger effort. One half assed theory rolling around my head is maybe my long thin fingers work well with the finger grooves? I know I've never complained about them over the years. They didn't bother me a bit. Now I wonder if my middle finger strong hand anchors against the top groove/ridge, i.e. "locked in".

Again, just spit ballin'. I plan to put more work into one, one of these days. Maybe the 19X-black/enhanced at some point.
    “Remember, being healthy is basically just dying as slowly as possible,” Ricky Gervais

Quote Originally Posted by Bucky View Post
    Don’t understand why they don’t put these in all their guns. What’s the downside? Cost?
    If you're not doing OTB work the standard cups do a better job of keeping the channel clear of any sort of build up than the amphibious cups.
    Welcome to Africa, bring a hardhat.

I have fondeled and played with them before but I just picked up my 19x and have to repeat what many others have said, I really like the trigger for a glock. On my example it has a nice rolling trigger that is lighter then other glocks. Almost feels like a gen 4 with a TTI connector and stock springs.

Look forward to shooting it.

I have heard that the X is more limited production, and special care is taken in their manufacture. Doubt that could ever be confirmed, though. I do know every one I have handled has a very good and identical feeling trigger. Most Glocks I handle otherwise, have quite a bit of variability in trigger pull.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Quote Originally Posted by BigT View Post
    If you're not doing OTB work the standard cups do a better job of keeping the channel clear of any sort of build up than the amphibious cups.
    Sounds reasonable. Thanks.

User Tag List