Page 86 of 95 FirstFirst ... 36768485868788 ... LastLast

Thread: Glock 19X?

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    You get a new gun and stock, shoot it crazy accurate and do FAST tests in 5, but it doesn’t like your reload length and that makes it a no go. People are tough these days.

9mm factory ammo is as cheap as I remember it.
    I know, talk about the princess and the pea, right?

I shoot a fair amount and have been buying 147 grain blue bullets in bulk. I still have another 5k of them left. I mainly shoot a stock M9 to practice for .mil matches, I just get sidetracked on other guns here and there. This load has been good to me, and I don't like the idea of changing it up for one when it works in everything else. It's probably time to measure everything anyway though. I've loaded over 10k on the 1050 since the last time I adjusted anything, maybe 15k. Yeah, I'll start with that, maybe something has changed. I'm all in on the reloading 9mm though, I have to be after buying the Dillon 1050 last year.

The 19X shot well, especially on the Super Test and at 25 yards. Good sights and a decent trigger go a long way though, I was shooting low 90's and under 6 second FASTs with a Sig 365 in June, but it's gone already also. The Beretta has to be my main squeeze through next year anyway. The Roland is probably still the answer when I can shoot whatever I want, but I'll have to put another one together. I just sold mine and ordered some suppressors last weekend.

Quote Originally Posted by GreggW View Post
    What bullet and length are you loading?
    147 grain round nose Blue Bullets. They've worked great and I've shot at least 20k of them since last year. This last batch did seem like the coating was different though, more shiny. I'll have to measure the length, that could be it though.

Hammertime
    I shot a bunch of guns today in the desert, just banging steel with friends. One dude brought a G19x.

I ended up liking it a lot. It felt the best to shoot between it, a B92, and a P30l. I felt I was just a touch faster and more on target with it than an LTT 92G.

It is an impressive and easy to shoot effort by Glock. The bronze slide is quite handsome in person.

We also had a new shooter who struggled with some other platforms, but absolutely rang steel like crazy with the 19X.

FWIW.

I think the next time I get a GSSF coupon, I know what I am buying.

Quote Originally Posted by EVP View Post
    Does anyone have any data in comparing their performance between a g19x and a gen 5 g17?

I have seen some people ask about what a 19x does that a gen 5 17 cannot(besides the minor variations of the details of the grip). Just curious if anyone has got any metrics yet besides feel.

With AIWB I always run a 17 length holster. It stabilizes,conceals, and is more comfortable.
    I did the comparison this week funnily enough

Used Gabe Whites Standards as the comparison as I think they’re excellent defensive drill. I was surprised to discover (and shouldn’t have been) my 19X performance was pretty much smack back in the middle of my 19.5 and 17.5 performance.
    Welcome to Africa, bring a hardhat.

Quote Originally Posted by Duelist View Post
    I remember Wnchester White Box 115gr ball at WalMart for 9.99/100. Hasn’t been there in a long time. Cheapest I’ve seen recently is 18.80/100.

But I am buying 9mm ammo by the case rather than spend any time reloading for it at the moment, because it’s cheaper than it’s been in about 15 years. And my time is better spent on other things than bulk 9mm reloading.

This guy’s post makes me want a 19x more than I already do: accurate, reliable, and fast shooting. What’s not to like? Fits my hands better than a 19 ever did.
    I used to buy cases of Blazer aluminum for 89.99 plus tax at Academy. From 2001 to about 2004 I must have bought 15-16 cases.

If only....

Quote Originally Posted by CalmlyDeMented View Post
    147 grain round nose Blue Bullets. They've worked great and I've shot at least 20k of them since last year. This last batch did seem like the coating was different though, more shiny. I'll have to measure the length, that could be it though.
    OAL was 1.17" and this was keeping them from dropping in the 19X barrel. I adjusted to 1.10-1.12" and they seem to be running fine in the 19X. I'll load and test more this week.

So I fiddled around with one of these at an LGS recently, and honestly didn’t like it. For me the balance felt off and the grip was slick. Funny that I didn’t have much issue with the Gen5s, but this 19X would just not fit into my hand to my liking. Also felt like I had to work more to aim it versus other Glocks. Wheras I could pick up other Glocks, point at a target and everything just “locked in” the 19X took more effort.

Have to admit I was surprised that I wasn’t fond of it.
    Last edited by HCountyGuy; 08-19-2018 at 08:11 PM.
    “Conspiracy theories are just spoiler alerts these days.”

OAL was 1.17" and this was keeping them from dropping in the 19X barrel. I adjusted to 1.10-1.12" and they seem to be running fine in the 19X. I'll load and test more this week.
    SAAMI max OAL for 9mm is 1.169, so that was likely your issue.

Name:  Screen Shot 2018-08-19 at 9.11.25 PM.jpg
Views: 847
Size:  62.3 KB

Site Supporter
    FYI...I load my 147 BB FP to 1.135" and they run in all my glocks.

A lot of what OAL you can use will depend on the bullet profile as well. A bullet with a wide shoulder might not work in some guns at max OAL, as the shoulder could hit the rifling.

User Tag List