Page 78 of 95 FirstFirst ... 2868767778798088 ... LastLast

Thread: Glock 19X?

Quote Originally Posted by pew_pew View Post
    And there’s that condescending tone that PF is famous for.
    I really did not mean it that way. I meant it to be self-deprecating, because I know that i think that way sometimes too. However there’s no way for you to know that I think that way, so I came off as an attack. For that I am sorry.
    Last edited by JAD; 08-04-2018 at 12:44 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Tom_Jones View Post
    Where you see condescension, I see humor — I suspect others do as well.

If you really want to talk about how much PF sucks, please feel free to start a thread in GD, post about it on FB, or maybe even write a “scathing” tweet. [emoji4]
    Humor and potentially NDA or less formal professional discretion.
    “Remember, being healthy is basically just dying as slowly as possible,” Ricky Gervais

Quote Originally Posted by ReverendMeat View Post
    Borrowed one from a friend today to put up against my 17L. I.. I am failing to see what the 19X accomplishes that a Gen5 17 doesn't to be honest.
    (circular arm wave) These are not the Glocks you're looking for...
    You will more often be attacked for what others think you believe than what you actually believe. Expect misrepresentation, misunderstanding, and projection as the modern normal default setting. ~ Quintus Curtius

Modding this sack of shit BehindBlueI's's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by JAD View Post
    Seriously, something cool is always right around the corner. If you already have a serviceable gun, the best thing to do is live in that constant state of hesitation, where you’re almost about to buy what seems like the new hotness but is about to be old and busted.
    It's funny because it's true.
    Sorta around sometimes for some of your shitty mod needs.

Modding this sack of shit BehindBlueI's's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by pew_pew View Post
    How about y’all stop being so secretive and tell us what’s coming out. I’ve been wanting to get a 19x but don’t want to do it if something cool is coming out.
    I'm sure people aren't being secretive just to tease you. NDAs and the less formal "STFU or you'll burn your sources" are a very real thing around new gun releases. I'm nobody "inside" but have been around the edges of some cool new upcoming releases without the ability to say much publicly. So, you hint where you can, and inevitably someone gets ticked you won't say more so you end up just not saying anything. If I knew Glock was releasing a plasma pistol next week, I wouldn't even hint about it because my experience says it's inevitably not worth it. People bitch you won't say more, people bitch you said too much, people bitch you're lying despite having zero knowledge themselves.

Some people will bitch you lay them gold eggs because the shape makes them hard to stack...so you quit laying eggs.
    Sorta around sometimes for some of your shitty mod needs.

Second time shooting an RMR today and first time working dot torture. I took the plunge and finally embraced the dot life. I installed this RMR 07 Type 2 (6.5) on a new 19X and I absolutely love this set up. Like many, I held out a long time on RDS handguns. I can't believe what I've been missing. I guess I'm lucky, I have taken to the RDS really quick and it's awesome.

Attachment 28739

Cold dot torture from 5yds clean. I rarely clean it from 5yds, especially cold. I credit the RMR. I really notice a huge advantage shooting one handed with the RMR.

Attachment 28740

Ran several FAST drills. Times ranged from 4.96 - 6.22 clean. I usually drop way more head shots. This target is not a FAST target but it's close and the 3x5 is smaller. Pretty good for me, I was happy with it.

Attachment 28743

The RMR really shined for me from the 25yd line. Here is a 50 round group that is much better than my normal work.

Attachment 28744

To sum it up, I've only fired 700 rds total through an RDS pistol. I love it and I've already ordered another RMR for a G17.5. This 19X shoots great and I track the dot really well. Very nice set up.

Attachment 28745

Attachment 28746

Quote Originally Posted by Lyonsgrid View Post
    Second time shooting an RMR today and first time working dot torture. I took the plunge and finally embraced the dot life. I installed this RMR 07 Type 2 (6.5) on a new 19X and I absolutely love this set up. Like many, I held out a long time on RDS handguns. I can't believe what I've been missing. I guess I'm lucky, I have taken to the RDS really quick and it's awesome.

Attachment 28739

Cold dot torture from 5yds clean. I rarely clean it from 5yds, especially cold. I credit the RMR. I really notice a huge advantage shooting one handed with the RMR.

Attachment 28740

Ran several FAST drills. Times ranged from 4.96 - 6.22 clean. I usually drop way more head shots. This target is not a FAST target but it's close and the 3x5 is smaller. Pretty good for me, I was happy with it.

Attachment 28743

The RMR really shined for me from the 25yd line. Here is a 50 round group that is much better than my normal work.

Attachment 28744

To sum it up, I've only fired 700 rds total through an RDS pistol. I love it and I've already ordered another RMR for a G17.5. This 19X shoots great and I track the dot really well. Very nice set up.

Attachment 28745

Attachment 28746
    Awesome! I'm holding out for the ACRO P1 before I dot up my guns.

Quote Originally Posted by Grey View Post
    Awesome! I'm holding out for the ACRO P1 before I dot up my guns.
    I’m really looking forward to a 19X, ACRO P1, and 1,000 lumen X300 as my own take on the Roland Special

Quote Originally Posted by jck397 View Post
    I’m really looking forward to a 19X, ACRO P1, and 1,000 lumen X300 as my own take on the Roland Special
    I second this. But I think I am going xh30....just because

Quote Originally Posted by Lyonsgrid View Post

Attachment 28739

Attachment 28740

Attachment 28743

Attachment 28744

Attachment 28745

Attachment 28746
    Great shooting! Thanks for sharing.
    It looks like the RMR housing is taking a bit of a beating from the brass? Any issues with it also hitting the lens?

User Tag List