Page 70 of 95 FirstFirst ... 2060686970717280 ... LastLast

Thread: Glock 19X?

Quote Originally Posted by Tom_Jones View Post
    To put that in perspective, Glock sold 252,000 pistols in the USA in 2016. So the G19X is a significant percentage of Glock's current sales volume.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by farscott View Post
    To put that in perspective, Glock sold 252,000 pistols in the USA in 2016. So the G19X is a significant percentage of Glock's current sales volume.
    Any idea how much Glock makes of each of those 252,000 pistols? A rought estimate? I know some sell for more than others and profit margins vary.

Quote Originally Posted by Tom_Jones View Post
    I did my part by buying three of them in one month.

Bought the first one on impulse.
    Bought the second one because the first one was so freakin awesome.
    Bought the third one so I could get a RMR installed and play with carry optics in USPSA.
    "For a moment he felt good about this. A moment or two later he felt bad about feeling good about it. Then he felt good about feeling bad about feeling good about it and, satisfied, drove on into the night."
    -- Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy --

Quote Originally Posted by JodyH View Post
    I did my part by buying three of them in one month.

Bought the first one on impulse.
    Bought the second one because the first one was so freakin awesome.
    Bought the third one so I could get a RMR installed and play with carry optics in USPSA.
    I changed the sights on 2 of my 4. Two are as purchased but I am considering having one milled for an RMR.
    Last edited by JBP55; 07-13-2018 at 06:46 PM.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by HCountyGuy View Post
    The 19X style set-up makes sense to some folks somewhere.

Hell, Sig developed the P320 Carry (Full length grip with compact slide) supposedly at the request of police officers.
    Agencies. Easiest configuration to shoot quickly. For most LE engagements the shorter slide = easier sight tracking and faster shot to shot recovery combined with the full size grip giving most users the best leverage and performance.

Gives the lowest common denominator shooters the best performance in their most likely scenario - close, fast, multiple shots.
    Last edited by HCM; 07-13-2018 at 07:07 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by JBP55 View Post
    I changed the sights on 2 of my 4. Two are as purchased but I am considering having one milled for an RMR.
    I installed Ameriglo I-Dot Pros (orange) on all of mine (the one being milled for a RMR is getting suppressor height I-Dot Pros installed).
    Jagerwerks is doing the RMR cut for me, I should have it back in a couple of weeks.
    "For a moment he felt good about this. A moment or two later he felt bad about feeling good about it. Then he felt good about feeling bad about feeling good about it and, satisfied, drove on into the night."

Quote Originally Posted by HCM View Post
    Agencies. Easiest configuration to shoot quickly. For most LE engagements the shorter slide = easier sight tracking and faster shot to shot recovery combined with the full size grip giving most users the best leverage and performance.

Gives the lowest common denominator shooters the best performance in their most likely scenario - close, fast, multiple shots.
    Easiest pistol ever to burn down the "Triple Nickel".

Gucci gear, Walmart skill Darth_Uno's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Grey View Post
    But no one wanted this config and it wouldn't sell...

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using Tapatalk
    I’ll admit I was wrong, numbers don’t lie. But I’d still be first in line to buy a factory chopped 17.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by HCM View Post

I suspect the short barrel is also a benefit sitting in a patrol car with a straight drop duty holster.

Quote Originally Posted by JTQ View Post
    Full size grip with a shorter slide ... 1911 Commander, SIG P220 Carry, Beretta PX4, all those FN (alphabet soup) guns, HK P30, well just about everybody makes one. People seem to live in such a finite "Glock Universe" that something so common seems odd to them.
    Nailed it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

User Tag List