Page 60 of 95 FirstFirst ... 1050585960616270 ... LastLast

Thread: Glock 19X?

Quote Originally Posted by cornstalker View Post
    Just picked up a 19x. Cool gun. Right off the bat, it looks like the front sight is on crooked and the rear sight is all of the way to the right. Is QC a thing of the past outside of HK?

I tested a CompTac International for G17 and it wouldn't fit. Felt really tight on the front end of the slide, even with the adjusters loosened up. It didn't fit in far enough for the ambi slide release to interfere. Makes me wonder if the slide is a hair thicker. Tried a CompTac Flatline for G19 and the right side slide release interfered. Oh well.

Barring a complete breakdown in willpower, which is certainly a possibility, I am going to leave this thing alone until after I get through Gabe's class with the P30L.
    just as a data point, my sights were properly aligned from the factory. the guns fits fine in a JMCK holster, as well as in a RCS Perun and Morrigan holsters.

Quote Originally Posted by Grey View Post
    Bleh. I am really close to pulling the trigger on one of these and this doesnt help.

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using Tapatalk
    Sorry about that. Lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Maca View Post
    just as a data point, my sights were properly aligned from the factory. the guns fits fine in a JMCK holster, as well as in a RCS Perun and Morrigan holsters.
    Thanks for the holster info.
    I checked the front sight with a straight edge and it is a little crooked. The rear sight is real obvious. Luck of the draw I guess. Oh well, easily fixed.

Name:  PSX_20180528_121834.jpg
Views: 1861
Size:  18.0 KB

My favorite Glock.
    #RESIST

Quote Originally Posted by LittleLebowski View Post
    My favorite Glock.
    My second favorite, after the 42.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Quote Originally Posted by LittleLebowski View Post
    My favorite Glock.
    Same

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I’m starting to warm to them, but I would wait until black ones are available.

I actually like the coyote... may need to order one this week.

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by cornstalker View Post
    Sorry about that. Lol.

Thanks for the holster info.
    I checked the front sight with a straight edge and it is a little crooked. The rear sight is real obvious. Luck of the draw I guess. Oh well, easily fixed.

Name:  PSX_20180528_121834.jpg
Views: 1861
Size:  18.0 KB
    Rear sight looks like it is Glock windage adjusted....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by JodyH View Post
    I'm still a fan of "real" AIWB holsters for the vast majority of my carry but the 19x surprised me with how well it worked in the kangaroo pouch for NPE carry, especially with more fitted clothing.
    I used to think I was limited to a sub-compact pistol carried on the ankle or deep kangaroo pouch carry and all the negatives that come along with them (slow inconsistent access and the sub-compact pistol being the biggest).
    It's good to stumble across an option for carrying a real pistol, especially since the majority of big NPE events also tend to be magnets for shit heads bent of mayhem.
    JodyH

After reading your HK sight posts, what sights are you running on your 19X? Are you running Gen 5 specific sights or just regular Glock sights? Thanks

Ok...y'all have convinced me. I've got several 19's and only one is a gen4...I think I'll trade that towards a 19x and see what all the fuss is about for myself. I do have a question though, is the frame color impregnated or just painted on? I notice that no one has mentioned undercutting their trigger guard and that's become a task I do before I even take a new Glock to the range...not necessary on the 19x?

User Tag List