Page 53 of 95 FirstFirst ... 343515253545563 ... LastLast

Thread: Glock 19X?

Quote Originally Posted by Dismas316 View Post
    Aaron Cowan from Sage Dynamics as usual does a nice job in his review of the 19x. It definitely has become my favorite glock to shoot.

https://youtu.be/rsHrkEL5QVg

Quick side note, I shot mine at a GSSF match last weekend and at every stage, every single RO was interested in looking at it and it was a pretty big hit with the other shooters. Mine also has the SCD , and to a person, they would see me shoot and think it was broken, lol. They were really intrigued with how it worked and had never seen or heard of it before. Truth be told every competition I shoot with it, or range trip, I get the same reaction.

Just some ancedotal observation, seems the only hate on the 19x comes from the gun forums, every time in public with it, it gets a ton of positive attention and for those who shoot it, (always offer it up to anybody who comments on it, and they love shooting it). It always “wow” that shoots and feels great! Glocks are always good shooters imo, but what you hear from so many is the positive comments on the ergonomics in which glock and good ergo’s are rarely used in the same sentence. That seems to be the one thing the surprises so many, myself included.
    When all is said and done, I think the 19X will emerge as their premier combat pistol.
    “Remember, being healthy is basically just dying as slowly as possible,” Ricky Gervais

Hoping to up my ride count this weekend. I will admit that I was one of those folks who thought the frame slide combo was bassackwards, however, even with my dwarfishly small hands the full frame feels better. IMO the sights still suck ass, but they are leaps and bounds better than the plastic dove tail protectors on regular models. On mine polymer/ceramic whatever that protects the tritium insets is proud of the metal. Any light that hits it creates goofy glare. My eyes suck enough without the help, so I took advantage of the Brownells sale on the Ameriglo Agents and haven’t looked back. For me the longer grip does cause some printing when going AIWB, but I think that will fade as I loose more weight. It’s not enough to worry about though.

Overall it’s the first Glock whose trigger I didn’t want to smash to bits and throw in the trash. Feels very good and has a super consistent break. It’s far more accurate than I, which isn’t saying much. Best of all it tracks very flat. My splits are noticeably faster than with the 19.4. Let’s just say I’ll probably pick up a second one here for the wife, of course.

Glock 19X?

Got mine, and have a set of Gen 5 Ameriglo Defoors arriving tomorrow. I love everything about this gun, and I am only swapping out the lanyard loop for a grip plug, Gadget and the sights. If you’re on the fence about purchasing one, don’t be. I will have 1000 rounds downrange from my 19X tomorrow, and want to pick up a spare.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Kyle Reese; 05-03-2018 at 06:07 PM.

For an OWB, duty style gun, how do you guys compare the 19X to a 17.5? Is the recoil control/ease of accuracy of the 19X superior to a 17.5? Considering I’d be using this in a Safariland 7TS with an x300, the length wont make a difference in the holster.

Which one for an RMR with the same style of carry?

Quote Originally Posted by LittleLebowski View Post
    Yes, I did so with a Dremel. I can post pics this afternoon if you like. It's not a big deal.
    Checking back in...

Quote Originally Posted by Texaspoff View Post
    When the black version of the 19X is released it will likely replace my 19.5 in the duty rotation, since I actually prefer the longer grip of the 19X over the standard 19 grip.
    TXPO
    Do you have any idea when the Black 19X will be released? I am kind of divided between that and a Gen 5 34.

Thanks

John

The initial demand for these must be subsiding as my LGS called me on Saturday afternoon to let me know one had arrived for me. I am a regular customer of my small LGS, but I told the owner to put me last on the list as I was not in a hurry. I see these are also available at Bud's.

I suspect the black version of the 19X will be available this fall now that the initial demand has been sated.

I put 100 rounds through one Friday. It ran fine. No issues. Tracks flat and recoil seemed rather mild. For me, it doesn't do anything that I can't do with a 17. I appendix carry with 34 length Keepers. Switching to a 19X wouldn't gain me anything. For someone that needs a 19 length pistol for carry the 19X would be a good choice.

I seen the 26lx has anyone grip chopped to standard 19 length? If so how did you accomplish the initial cut? I need to get another g19.5 and thought of going straight to the 19x then grip chopping it. I really like all the features of it over the standard.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hammertime
    Quote Originally Posted by GreggW View Post
    For me, it doesn't do anything that I can't do with a 17.
    Except be brown

User Tag List