Page 48 of 95 FirstFirst ... 38464748495058 ... LastLast

Thread: Glock 19X?

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Tom_Jones View Post
    This one ^^^

I posted up more 19X info in the main G5 thread.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

out of control my habit of effin with good guns is

Name:  20180308_140633.jpg
Views: 1530
Size:  38.4 KB

Better than good work by Mark Housel. Unity Atom cut, backup irons, front serrations, and rear of a slide bevel in case I ever decided to carry this. Gen5 Gadget works as expected.

This is set as a CO gun, with a re-profiled brass plug, Ghost EVO connector, 4.5 striker spring and GJM's favorite optic, DPP. If that son of a bitch fails on me, the gun gets an appropriately color-coordinated type 2 RMR and I'll just have to suck it up with a smaller window.

Tomorrow is a tax day for me. We'll see if this goes to the range or classifieds on Saturday.

P.S. The background is supposed to show a bouquet of roses. Today's an international women's day, show your ladies appreciation.

P.P.S. @Tom_Jones: no, I will never figure out how to post pics in a correct orientation by myself.
    Last edited by Tom_Jones; 03-08-2018 at 04:38 PM. Reason: rotated image
    Doesn't read posts longer than two paragraphs.

That a front sight or bayonet on the front of your slide?

Did Mark Housel color match the slide or did it require a complete re-finish. I’m still eagerly waiting for the call from GT distributors that my number is up, but I was thinking of having Mark do mine for an RMR as well when I get it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

He cerakoted the entire slide, trying to be as close to the original color as possible. I did lose that cute purple color inside .

Quote Originally Posted by YVK View Post
    Name:  20180308_140633.jpg
Views: 1530
Size:  38.4 KB

P.S. The background is supposed to show a bouquet of roses. Today's an international women's day, show your ladies appreciation.

P.P.S. @Tom_Jones: no, I will never figure out how to post pics in a correct orientation by myself.
    My first though when I saw the background was that was an interesting way to serve/store asparagus. Roses makes far more sense.

I have been desperately trying to avoid buy a 19X since my purpose of using it a uniformed duty weapon, navy uniforms, didn't play well with the Coyote coloration.

Well been watching a few of these Rit dye threads where a few 19Xs were dyed. Visually they looked perfect, but was wondering how the color would hold up. Well I pulled a piece of scrap FDE backstrap out of the shop and dyed it black. After essentially beating the crap out of it which included a 12 hours water soak, the Rit dye project is GTG IMO, and I ordered an LE 19X today.

I am doing a magwell mod, to accept 5th gen mags, dying the frame black, will run one of my 19.5 slides on it while I have the coyote one done up in black nitride, and call it a day. See my results of my dye testing below:

FWIW I got my answer on how well the Rit Dye will hold up. I dyed a scrap FDE backstrap and conducted some testing on it this evening.

Well testing is over, and I will be ordering my 19X tomorrow. The dye took perfectly, and feel is exactly like the standard black frame. Sometimes when an object it dyed, it can change the original feel of the object.
    I scratched, rubbed, banged, and did everything I could think of that a frame would be exposed of during its normal lifetime, and I had to put a deep cut in it to reveal the FDE underneath. So as far I am concerned, this is a very viable alternative to waiting for the black version to come out.

Here are some shots of the backstrap.
    Rubbed this area against walls and other hard objects. It actually displaced small bits of plastic, but no FDE shows. Looks like a regular black backstrap.

Scratched the back with a clothes hanger, ballpoint end, fingernails, just about anything I could find. Damaged the plastic, but no FDE shows.

These marks were done by scratching a knife blade along it, and the FDE didn't show until I actually cut deep into the polymer. If the frame was dragged along a very rough object such as concrete, it might cause this type of damage. The best part actually is, you could re Dye the frame and it would color the damaged area and you would be back in business.

I'll post up my 19X when it arrives, and after its trip to the dunk tank.

TXPO
    Last edited by Texaspoff; 03-09-2018 at 08:00 PM.
    ColdBoreCustom.com
    Certified Glock Armorer
    Certified P320 Armorer
    Certified M&P LE Armorer

And, feel free to post a picture of my 19X when you get the butt chopped to take 26 magazines!

Has anyone bought a 19X in Colorado and if so, what magazines did it ship with?

User Tag List