Page 40 of 95 FirstFirst ... 3038394041425090 ... LastLast

Thread: Glock 19X?

Quote Originally Posted by YVK View Post
    Found it difficult to measure with the sight in the slide but I got something like 6.13 or maybe more. True POA/POI out to 25.

I haven't done any extended reviews lately so I feel like I am slacking and not contributing. To rectify this, I am posting this in-depth review.
    Kick ass gun.
    This completes my in-depth review. I think I am ready for a Youtube channel or at least a blog.

Small print notes:
    Out of box, fully stock, 3/5 rounds at 25 yards touching each other just left of the center of a 3 x 5 card. But I messed up the remaining trigger presses so no humblebragging one inch / 25 yards group. Very little doubt that the gun is capable of it with somebody who knows how to shoot. Cycles and tracks great, on a Bill Drill visual perception was that the sight never left that 8 inch circle. Gun is easier to control than Gen4 19 with a G17 mag in, and accuracy in my hands is the same between the two even though Gen4 has much lighter - connector/5 lbs striker spring trigger setup. Stock trigger weight is under 5.6 on mine. Tried four different connectors in dry fire and left the OEM in. Totally carry worthy out of box. Now I really want to shoot that commercial M17, just to prove my suspicion that the Army blew this selection process.
    Also, I have very little to do with Glocks. I don't shoot them much, don't dry fire and don't complete. I carry a 43 at times. File this report under Glock hobbyist's blah blah
    He hasn’t gotten this many likes since his Austrian kangaroo joke.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

So for those that have the 19x in their hands: Would you buy it instead of a 17?

I've got a 34.4 that I've just never connected with. Recoil impulse is weird, it always shoots left(none of my G19s do), and on a good day I'll shoot dot torture as well as my 19, bust most times it's 3-5 points down. Its also just too damned long to draw from an ALS holster at a normal ride height.

So, do you think the 19x has any real advantage over a 17.5 other than looking operator AF?

Quote Originally Posted by littlejerry View Post

So, do you think the 19x has any real advantage over a 17.5 other than looking operator AF?
    Is that not good enough? What more could you possibly want?

My G19X does not have any layout blue on the inside of the slide.
    Last edited by JBP55; 01-28-2018 at 04:13 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by littlejerry View Post
    So for those that have the 19x in their hands: Would you buy it instead of a 17?

I've got a 34.4 that I've just never connected with. Recoil impulse is weird, it always shoots left(none of my G19s do), and on a good day I'll shoot dot torture as well as my 19, bust most times it's 3-5 points down. Its also just too damned long to draw from an ALS holster at a normal ride height.

Agreed on the 34.4. I had one and it never shot very well for me. My 17.4, at the time, turned in tighter groups. On topic, I'm picking up my 19X on Tuesday. [emoji16]

Sent from my VS995 using Tapatalk

I'm not not Glock expert by any means, but after comparing several Glocks side by side (did not shoot any, however) I would buy and carry a 19x over a 17. I like the shorter slide better. The trigger break of the 19x is much crisper and the pull weight does not stack as much. If I were in the market for a Glock, there's no question, I would buy the 19x.
    Last edited by MistWolf; 01-28-2018 at 11:41 PM.
    We wish to thank the United Network Command for Law and Enforcement, without whose assistance this program would not have been possible.

If someone was about to pick up a 17.5 with the Ameriglo sights, mount a TLR-1HL and use it exclusively for a bedside/ camping/ hunting gun, would you recommend the 19X over the 17.5? Does the 19X only come with glock's night sights?

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Gumbo View Post
    If someone was about to pick up a 17.5 with the Ameriglo sights, mount a TLR-1HL and use it exclusively for a bedside/ camping/ hunting gun, would you recommend the 19X over the 17.5? Does the 19X only come with glock's night sights?
    The 19X only comes with Glocks night sights.

If you want high viz sights, the 17.5 with factory BOLD sights is the cheaper way to get what you want.

Quote Originally Posted by Gumbo View Post
    If you are going to run a WML I prefer the 17 because the light is going to hang off anyways. It would make no sense to have a full size WML and a g19 slide lengh IMHO (assuming grip was already 17 length)
    Last edited by Amurr; 01-29-2018 at 05:25 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by HCM View Post
    The 19X only comes with Glocks night sights.

If you want high viz sights, the 17.5 with factory BOLD sights is the cheaper way to get what you want.
    Thanks, I had a feeling this was the case.

Quote Originally Posted by Amurr View Post
    If you are going to run a WML I prefer the 17 because the light is going to hang off anyways. It would make no sense to have a full size WML and a g19 slide lengh IMHO (assuming grip was already 17 length)
    Good point. The shorter barrel of the 19X won't be of any benefit if I hang a longish light off the front end. I'll stick with the 17 for my intended purposes.

User Tag List