Page 58 of 95 FirstFirst ... 848565758596068 ... LastLast

Thread: Glock 19X?

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by David S. View Post
    @JodyH

What does the 19X do that the similar sized P30 or P2000 doesn’t?

Would you mind posting pics? I’m frustrated with my NPE Smart Carry setup. I have to wear a tucked-in button down shirt and slacks and stand in front of a small classroom of people so printing is a no go. I can conceal it under my belt line OK, but draw is glacially slow.
    I use a Smart Carry for NPE carry with tucked buttoned collared shirt, and for me, how much a pistol prints or not depends a lot on the cut and fabric of the pants. If I’m wearing jeans (or pants with similarly heavy fabric), then I can do a G19. If I’m wearing fitted light linen slacks, then I need to go down to a PPS.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Quote Originally Posted by JodyH View Post
    Yea, with the G43, G26, H&K SK I always had to "go fish" for the gun and it tended to drag my kangaroo pouch down if I moved around very much.
    The grip of the 19X let's my "real" belt carry and stabilize some of the load.

I was wearing my Pistol-Wear PT-2 (with the magnetic snap/retention strap cut off because it just gets in the way).
    I echo that issue quite often. I really like how easily my SK's hide, but I hate drawing them. I tend to gravitate towards the compact or full size guns as a habit, and carry them when able. My preferred carry gun is a P30 or VP9 or G19 in 9mm. Or an HK45C for 45acp. I used to carry a full sized USP 45 and then "Scaled down" to an HK45 when I was younger and dumber. Finding that perfect combo is difficult but when you do.....it's awesome. This thread is making me look harder at the 19X which I never thought I'd say. My wife is saying she likes it too after having shot one. We might both end up with one.

I prioritize a positive grip/draw. Doesn't have to be warp speed, but the fishing around comment really hit home for me. I'm going to get to try out my G Code holster I already have for when I get a VP9 SK......but I still much prefer a full sized VP9/G17 grip.
    Last edited by navyman8903; 05-23-2018 at 01:52 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by nalesq View Post
    I use a Smart Carry for NPE carry with tucked buttoned collared shirt, and for me, how much a pistol prints or not depends a lot on the cut and fabric of the pants. If I’m wearing jeans (or pants with similarly heavy fabric), then I can do a G19. If I’m wearing fitted light linen slacks, then I need to go down to a PPS
    I have a problem with access, not printing, when I run a smart carry.
    David S.

This has been mentioned before, but the 19x makes an excellent host to run a comp. You get both the 34(ish) length and the full size grip.

Shown is my 19x frame which I dyed, an atei milled 19.5 slide, and the agency comp. Loving that I can mount the front sight on the comp, extending sight radius a touch and taking it out of the reciprocating slide equation.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Bill View Post
    This has been mentioned before, but the 19x makes an excellent host to run a comp. You get both the 34(ish) length and the full size grip.

Shown is my 19x frame which I dyed, an atei milled 19.5 slide, and the agency comp. Loving that I can mount the front sight on the comp, extending sight radius a touch and taking it out of the reciprocating slide equation.
    Okay, I'm not very into custom plastic blasters but THAT is what I'd do with a 19X if I were to get one.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Hi Risk Customer Services
    Quote Originally Posted by Bill View Post
    Bill that is freaking mean looking! What barrel are you using with the Agency comp and what kind of accuracy are you getting compared to the factory Gen 5?

Quote Originally Posted by Whiskey_Bravo View Post
    Bill that is freaking mean looking! What barrel are you using with the Agency comp and what kind of accuracy are you getting compared to the factory Gen 5?
    Its the agency “mid line” barrel, whatever that means. Ordered it with the comp, didnt choose it for any perceived benefit other than that its threaded. Accuracy-wise, I'm unable to discern a difference between it and the factory barrel.
    Last edited by Bill; 05-23-2018 at 09:42 PM.

After shooting and carrying an HK 45C for 2+ years, including with an RMR for the last 2000 rounds, after buying and shooting a 19X - i am sold. The HK is in a safe and the 19X is my EDC.

Its an easy to shoot, comfortable to carry gun. It just works really well.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by David S. View Post
    I have a problem with access, not printing, when I run a smart carry.
    Yeah, access is definitely slower, and less consistent. Drawing from the Smart Carry adds at least one second to my draw time, and it’s easier to mess up in such a way to add even more time. Probably part of the problem is that it’s such a pain in the neck to practice (especially in live fire), it’s hard to develop good technique.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Quote Originally Posted by navyman8903 View Post
    I echo that issue quite often. I really like how easily my SK's hide, but I hate drawing them. I tend to gravitate towards the compact or full size guns as a habit, and carry them when able. My preferred carry gun is a P30 or VP9 or G19 in 9mm. Or an HK45C for 45acp. I used to carry a full sized USP 45 and then "Scaled down" to an HK45 when I was younger and dumber. Finding that perfect combo is difficult but when you do.....it's awesome. This thread is making me look harder at the 19X which I never thought I'd say. My wife is saying she likes it too after having shot one. We might both end up with one.

I prioritize a positive grip/draw. Doesn't have to be warp speed, but the fishing around comment really hit home for me. I'm going to get to try out my G Code holster I already have for when I get a VP9 SK......but I still much prefer a full sized VP9/G17 grip.
    Run 13rd mags, you won't go fishing anymore. The VP9SK is too short for me without the 13rd mags.

User Tag List