Page 91 of 95 FirstFirst ... 41818990919293 ... LastLast

Thread: Glock 19X?

Quote Originally Posted by El Cid View Post
    Aside from the frame changes the black 19X is supposed to have... its got a coyote case and mags in the pic. Makes me think it’s a dye job or coating.

I thought the same thing. It seems like and odd setup to be factory. It wouldn’t be his style without disclosing it but I sure want to find out.

Quote Originally Posted by GreggW View Post
    So one of my local gun stores posted this today in the new pistols section. I know and trust the guy. I don’t know what to think about this though. Going to try to find time to reach out to him tomorrow and figure out what the deal is. I did some cropping of the screen shot to cut his business name out of the photo.

Attachment 30476
    I’ve seen in the past, Glocks with weird coloring sold as new. I’ve heard some third party companies, like Vickers, Lipskeys(?), are authorized to do so. Those hideous Tiffany blue Glocks, my wife nearly bought one.

Quote Originally Posted by El Cid View Post
    Aside from the frame changes the black 19X is supposed to have... its got a coyote case and mags in the pic. Makes me think it’s a dye job or coating.
    These have all been confirmed as Cerakoting. A distributor had them done up and that why parts are still in Coyote.

TXPO
    ColdBoreCustom.com
    Certified Glock Armorer
    Certified P320 Armorer
    Certified M&P LE Armorer

If nothing else, the trend of distributors creating black 19Xes shows there is a demand. Hopefully Glock comes through.

Quote Originally Posted by Texaspoff View Post
    These have all been confirmed as Cerakoting. A distributor had them done up and that why parts are still in Coyote.

TXPO
    I just found out the pistols he has on hand are from the same batch.

Site Supporter

Gen 19x threaded barrels

Does anybody know if gen1-4 aftermarket threaded barrels will work in the Glock 19x. I have a Silencerco threaded barrel I would like to try in it. It looks it would work. Thought I would ask before screwing things up.

19x Freya

I've seen a few people mentioning attaching a RCS freya to the 19x, has anyone actually done it? Which model did y'all use?

Quote Originally Posted by p2000cool View Post
    Does anybody know if gen1-4 aftermarket threaded barrels will work in the Glock 19x. I have a Silencerco threaded barrel I would like to try in it. It looks it would work. Thought I would ask before screwing things up.
    I bought one from Brownells and it works like a champ. Part number 100017347. If you look in the Glock pic thread you'll see it with the gun/can.

Added A G19x

1. A G19 grip is plenty long enough for my thin fingers, and the Gen4 G19 finger grooves actually work for me. My hands are not wide, but they are long, and a full-length (G17) frame does provide notable stability while bearing against the heel of my hand. I am more consistently accurate while shooting a G17, especially if drawing and shooting quickly.

2. A G19 is the maximum slide length I can carry AIWB. Blocky Glocks are not the easist thing for me to conceal at AIWB, or anywhere else, but I do have some few cover garmernts that can make it work OK.

3. If carrying IWB at 0300-0330, which is more normal for me, than AIWB, clearing leather/kydex with a G17-length slide puts my increasingly gimpy right shoulder into a quite painful mechanical position. Clearing leather/kydex with a G19-length pistol is friendlier to the old shoulder. (Of course, an OWB rig can let a longer weapon ride low enough to clear easily, but it takes a longer cover garment to hide a lower rig.)

Considering 1, 2, and 3, above, I just bought a Blue Label G19x, at Central Police Supply, on Washington Avenue, in Houston. The dimensions look a bit odd, to my eye, but I use Glocks for practicality, not beauty. If I want to carry a beautiful weapon, I am free to tote a 1911, or nice old-school revolver.

I am hoping that the longer, more-stable G17-sized frame mitigates the muzzle flip that makes a G19 painful to shoot, in quantity, compared to shooting a standard G17. (The hurting arrives after the shooting session; actual swelling, in the right wrist, hand, and thumb.) I often call a G17 my “orthopedic pistol,” and hope a G19x can be similarly orthopedic.

The longer G17-sized grip is not more difficult for me to conceal, at the usual 0300-0330 position. It is the outside rear corner of the blocky Glocky slide that is the greater challenge to concealment. My only Glock I do not have to “dress around” is my G42, and I keep trying to carry fightin’ pistols, even in retirement.

If the ailments are so bad that even a single shooting session causes not just pain but also swelling, I don't think the 19X is going to provide noticeable relief unless you also hand-load powderpuff rounds for practice at near 380 level.

A better idea might be to carry the Glock but practice with a .22 conversion. Ain't nothing wrong with that; you've earned those battle scars, but that doesn't mean you have to punish yourself further.
    "Are you ready? Okay. Let's roll."- Last words of Todd Beamer

User Tag List