Page 59 of 95 FirstFirst ... 949575859606169 ... LastLast

Thread: Glock 19X?

Quote Originally Posted by Grey View Post
    Run 13rd mags, you won't go fishing anymore. The VP9SK is too short for me without the 13rd mags.
    I entertained that honestly, but it defeats the flat 10 round plate. It's one of those things where I'm constantly going back and forth. I haven't had the opportunity to try out the HK 13 round extended base plates yet. I might order one here soon. We'll see.

Quote Originally Posted by navyman8903 View Post
    I entertained that honestly, but it defeats the flat 10 round plate. It's one of those things where I'm constantly going back and forth. I haven't had the opportunity to try out the HK 13 round extended base plates yet. I might order one here soon. We'll see.
    The slide length is what i have trouble with for concealed so it makes sense for me. If you order a mag and dont like it ill take it off your hands [emoji38]

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by navyman8903 View Post
    The 13 round mags was what had me finally switch from the P2K series to the VP9SK as my primary (until I again switched to the 19X).
    The 13 rounders add a lot of versatility to the VP9SK and are well worth picking two or three.
    If H&K would squeeze two more rounds into their mid-sized 9mm magazines (and one more into their sub-compacts mags) I probably wouldn't have strayed off the HK reservation and back into Glocks.
    I still think H&K puts out the most consistently reliable handguns on the market (although 5th Gen Glocks seem to be right up there).
    "For a moment he felt good about this. A moment or two later he felt bad about feeling good about it. Then he felt good about feeling bad about feeling good about it and, satisfied, drove on into the night."
    -- Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy --

Quote Originally Posted by Grey View Post
    The slide length is what i have trouble with for concealed so it makes sense for me. If you order a mag and dont like it ill take it off your hands [emoji38]

I see what you did there.

double tap.
    Last edited by navyman8903; 05-25-2018 at 07:50 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Bill View Post
    This has been mentioned before, but the 19x makes an excellent host to run a comp. You get both the 34(ish) length and the full size grip.

Shown is my 19x frame which I dyed, an atei milled 19.5 slide, and the agency comp. Loving that I can mount the front sight on the comp, extending sight radius a touch and taking it out of the reciprocating slide equation.
    Nice work.

Glock has all the legos now to build a factory 'Roland Special'. Start with the 19X (preferably in black). Use the GEN5 frame with the integral magwell (the Roland used the RCS Freya so there's a history of magwells here). Use a MOS slide (add front cocking serrations - they've done it before). Add a threaded GEN5 Marksman barrel. Throw on Ameriglo suppressor height sights. Boom.

It'd have just about all the features of the custom ATEi guns at about half the price, and you wouldn't have to source parts from 5 different manufacturers and send it off for custom work. There's a market for this.
    "When the phone rang, Parker was in the garage, killing a man."

Size comparison: Glock 19x and VP9SK 13 round.
    19X carries 4 more rounds of 9mm and has a 5/8" longer barrel.

Attachment 26579

Attachment 26580
    "For a moment he felt good about this. A moment or two later he felt bad about feeling good about it. Then he felt good about feeling bad about feeling good about it and, satisfied, drove on into the night."
    -- Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy --

Quote Originally Posted by JodyH View Post
    Size comparison: Glock 19x and VP9SK 13 round.
    19X carries 4 more rounds of 9mm and has a 5/8" longer barrel.

Attachment 26579

Attachment 26580
    Thanks for the pictures. I shoot glocks well enough to own a few of them, but the VP9's I just shoot whatever I'm pointing at with. With those two side by side, I might be able to rock a G19x, it's definitely pushing me towards one. I am still very solid with my VP9's and they'll be the primary carry pistol. My wife and I both love them/carry them. But we also rotate glocks in on occasions, especially when we're going with a group to a class that's running glocks. So....maybe a 19x. We'll see. Thanks for the pics, I appreciate it.

Just picked up a 19x. Cool gun. Right off the bat, it looks like the front sight is on crooked and the rear sight is all of the way to the right. Is QC a thing of the past outside of HK?

I tested a CompTac International for G17 and it wouldn't fit. Felt really tight on the front end of the slide, even with the adjusters loosened up. It didn't fit in far enough for the ambi slide release to interfere. Makes me wonder if the slide is a hair thicker. Tried a CompTac Flatline for G19 and the right side slide release interfered. Oh well.

Barring a complete breakdown in willpower, which is certainly a possibility, I am going to leave this thing alone until after I get through Gabe's class with the P30L.

Quote Originally Posted by cornstalker View Post
    Just picked up a 19x. Cool gun. Right off the bat, it looks like the front sight is on crooked and the rear sight is all of the way to the right. Is QC a thing of the past outside of HK?

I tested a CompTac International for G17 and it wouldn't fit. Felt really tight on the front end of the slide, even with the adjusters loosened up. It didn't fit in far enough for the ambi slide release to interfere. Makes me wonder if the slide is a hair thicker. Tried a CompTac Flatline for G19 and the right side slide release interfered. Oh well.

Barring a complete breakdown in willpower, which is certainly a possibility, I am going to leave this thing alone until after I get through Gabe's class with the P30L.
    Bleh. I am really close to pulling the trigger on one of these and this doesnt help.

User Tag List