Page 56 of 95 FirstFirst ... 646545556575866 ... LastLast

Thread: Glock 19X?

Quote Originally Posted by Birdkiller View Post
    @Texaspoff

Thanks for the response!! I’m going to have to try to find one locally to shoot.

I’m hoping that with the release of the black model, Safariland will pick up on the benefit of the size and work on their 7TS holsters to get the advantage.

The holster I use now is for a 17, but a 34 could fit in the same holster.

If you’re referring to the length of the holster, it’s because of your light. The light is almost always the longest part of the weapon system, so the holster must be long enough to cover that. The only possible way to shorten the holster would be a small step between the muzzle and protruding light bezel. They take make the whole rig as long as the light so there is a muzzle plug that aligns and retains the muzzle so if the pistol is inserted without light, the retention still works.
    Anything I post is my opinion alone as a private citizen.

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    Unless they are old stock, I am told the 7TS holsters have been updated by Safariland to accommodate the G5 pistols.
    Safariland CS told me that any 7TS series holsters made after October 2017 will fit Gen5 guns without modification. My 7378 is a little tight but the Gen5 G19s lock in and release without problems.
    My posts only represent my personal opinion and do not necessarily reflect the opinions or official policies of any employer, past or present. Obvious spelling errors are likely the result of an iPhone keyboard.

Quote Originally Posted by DpdG View Post
    They take make the whole rig as long as the light so there is a muzzle plug that aligns and retains the muzzle so if the pistol is inserted without light, the retention still works.

Yeah I get why they make the whole thing long, it’s just flush with the light, same as the new Perun. With the 7TS holsters, there actually isn’t a muzzle plug, but standoffs that contact the frame to keep the gun aligned without the light, so there is plenty of material that could be removed.

While it’s only a small difference, when I was using the old ALS holster that has the step down from the light for the muzzle, it made the interaction between my holster, the vehicle seat, and the seatbelt a little easier.

Quote Originally Posted by Birdkiller View Post
    Yeah I get why they make the whole thing long, it’s just flush with the light, same as the new Perun. With the 7TS holsters, there actually isn’t a muzzle plug, but standoffs that contact the frame to keep the gun aligned without the light, so there is plenty of material that could be removed.

While it’s only a small difference, when I was using the old ALS holster that has the step down from the light for the muzzle, it made the interaction between my holster, the vehicle seat, and the seatbelt a little easier.
    All three of my 7TS ALS holsters have muzzle plugs. They interfere with using the Glock 19TM guns due to the different bore diameters, so we have to remove the plug in order to fit the 19TM.
    "Are you ready? Okay. Let's roll."- Last words of Todd Beamer

Was shooting dots today working on two shot sight tracking when on my second shot my Glock 19X trigger locked up. I stopped pointed the gun towards the ground (80 acre property) and tried the trigger several times and it wouldn’t budge towards the rear at all. Ejected the magazine, emptied the chamber, worked the slide a few times, and then performed a few functions tests and the trigger felt completely normal. I examined the round and noticed no deformities (Fiocchi 115 fmj). Reloaded the round into the magazine and the gun continued in without another hiccup. Disassembled the gun (thought maybe a piece of brass or something worked its way down into something) and couldn’t find anything. The gun has continued to function test perfect ever since.

This gun only had about 75 rounds through it at that point. I should’ve stripped immediately because I’ve had Fiocchi ammo do this in an AR once and we exchanged the whole lot after numerous issues, but we hadn’t had any issues with the pistol stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by Chipster View Post
    Was shooting dots today working on two shot sight tracking when on my second shot my Glock 19X trigger locked up. I stopped pointed the gun towards the ground (80 acre property) and tried the trigger several times and it wouldn’t budge towards the rear at all. Ejected the magazine, emptied the chamber, worked the slide a few times, and then performed a few functions tests and the trigger felt completely normal. I examined the round and noticed no deformities (Fiocchi 115 fmj). Reloaded the round into the magazine and the gun continued in without another hiccup. Disassembled the gun (thought maybe a piece of brass or something worked its way down into something) and couldn’t find anything. The gun has continued to function test perfect ever since.

This gun only had about 75 rounds through it at that point. I should’ve stripped immediately because I’ve had Fiocchi ammo do this in an AR once and we exchanged the whole lot after numerous issues, but we hadn’t had any issues with the pistol stuff.
    Sounds like the trigger safety locked up for some reason.
    Maybe some plastic molding flash got hung up in the exact wrong spot for a bit before falling free or something else caused it to hang up.
    That's where I'd start looking.
    If everything feels good i'd just chalk it up to "weird shit happens with new guns sometimes" and keep on trucking unless it does it again.
    "For a moment he felt good about this. A moment or two later he felt bad about feeling good about it. Then he felt good about feeling bad about feeling good about it and, satisfied, drove on into the night."
    -- Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy --

Found out Saturday that the 19X is damn near the perfect ultra low profile NPE pistol when paired with a Smart-Carry or Pistol-Wear style kangaroo pouch holster.
    I basically wore it where the grip is at my belt line with only the last inch or so above the belt kind of a soft holster deep "Mexican carry".
    My lighter, thinner belt then helps carry some of the weight and stabilizes and holds the grip against me.
    The long grip stabilizes everything and gives my belt something to support while the shorter slide allows it to carry extremely deep without poking too much.
    That 1" sticking out also gave me a solid, consistent starting point for rocking it up and out on the draw. Sub 1 sec draw? No. Sub 2 sec draw? Yup, and i'm good with that as deep as I could carry.
    It flat out disappeared under a untucked fitted button-down.
    Was nice having a full sized pistol with 17+1 in a very NPE situation.
    "For a moment he felt good about this. A moment or two later he felt bad about feeling good about it. Then he felt good about feeling bad about feeling good about it and, satisfied, drove on into the night."

Quote Originally Posted by JodyH View Post
    Found out Saturday that the 19X is damn near the perfect ultra low profile NPE pistol when paired with a Smart-Carry or Pistol-Wear style kangaroo pouch holster.
    I basically wore it where the grip is at my belt line with only the last inch or so above the belt kind of a soft holster deep "Mexican carry".
    My lighter, thinner belt then helps carry some of the weight and stabilizes and holds the grip against me.
    The long grip stabilizes everything and gives my belt something to support while the shorter slide allows it to carry extremely deep without poking too much.
    That 1" sticking out also gave me a solid, consistent starting point for rocking it up and out on the draw. Sub 1 sec draw? No. Sub 2 sec draw? Yup, and i'm good with that as deep as I could carry.
    It flat out disappeared under a untucked fitted button-down.
    Was nice having a full sized pistol with 17+1 in a very NPE situation.
    Sounds a lot better than the 43 I wore tonight in an NPE. Do you remember what size smart carry you have?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    “If you know the way broadly you will see it in everything." - Miyamoto Musashi

Quote Originally Posted by GreggW View Post
    Sounds a lot better than the 43 I wore tonight in an NPE. Do you remember what size smart carry you have?
    Yea, with the G43, G26, H&K SK I always had to "go fish" for the gun and it tended to drag my kangaroo pouch down if I moved around very much.
    The grip of the 19X let's my "real" belt carry and stabilize some of the load.

I was wearing my Pistol-Wear PT-2 (with the magnetic snap/retention strap cut off because it just gets in the way).
    Last edited by JodyH; 05-22-2018 at 06:31 AM.

Hi Risk Customer Services
    For those of you that Instagram, check out @10_zero_concepts
    According to his posts, the Gen 4 Unity ATOM slide works perfectly fine on a 19X. This is pretty badass.

Name:  Screenshot_20180522-200604.jpg
Views: 1312
Size:  27.0 KB

That's a RDS/Comp combo that actually makes sense to me.

User Tag List