Page 83 of 95 FirstFirst ... 3373818283848593 ... LastLast

Thread: Glock 19X?

Quote Originally Posted by Evan_O View Post
    Wait a minute, GJM. Am I reading this correctly? You put 42/43 bold sights on your 19x and they are poa/poi at the tip of the front sight? This interests me greatly and could cost me a some money
    Agent 42/43 sights on a G19X
    https://r.tapatalk.com/shareLink?sha...8&share_type=t

Probably answered previously, but is the frame slot on the 19X pic dimension, and are people using U or pic light cross bars?
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    Probably answered previously, but is the frame slot on the 19X pic dimension, and are people using U or pic light cross bars?
    They are pic. I have been using the pic. adapter plate on my Surefire lights.

I’m torn between a 19x or a gen 5 glock 17 as my edc.. retiring my gen 4 guns to wml guns in the house..

Quote Originally Posted by breakingtime91 View Post
    I’m torn between a 19x or a gen 5 glock 17 as my edc.. retiring my gen 4 guns to wml guns in the house..
    Drink the koolaid...get the X.
    Shoot more, post less...

YVK is sending me his slide direct milled for a DP Pro this week, and I can’t wait to see how the 19X configuration does with a dot compared to the 34 with a dot.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Quote Originally Posted by breakingtime91 View Post
    I'd have to handle and fire the 19x to know for sure, but it seems the opposite of what I've been daydreaming about for months: a chopped 17, or 17k. I like the g17.3 fine and shoot it well-----better than the 19.4 I had at one point in time----but just occasionally wish that the grip were a bit shorter for carry, a la g19. I can't envision preferring the short slide/long grip combo. Not saying all those raving about it are wrong. It just seems a real stretch in the wrong direction for me.
    Last edited by ubervic; 08-14-2018 at 09:51 AM.

Everyone who knows me knows I prefer DA/SA guns. Has not always been that way, but for the past 12-13 years, that has been my thing. Anything else is usually just a range toy....

I have owned about 6 or 7 Glocks over the past 20 years. I have none now.

But, the G19x had gotten my attention lately. I kinda like the looks, and everything I have read on all the various gun forums made me more interested. I also like that it comes with night sights already installed.

Well, I finally went and looked at a Glock 19x yesterday evening. Played with it a few minutes and dry fired it a few times... But, I just can't make myself do it.

My EDC is a HK P2000 9mm DA/SA, and I also have a 9mm P2000sk for when I need something smaller. Occasionally, I carry a 9mm Walther P99 A/S instead of the HK. And, the Beretta 92 is my favorite platform of handgun (with my hip problems, I just can't carry such a heavy gun on my side anymore)....

The Glock just doesn't do it for me. The # of guns I have owned over the past 20 years is in the 3 digits. But, it seems that as I get older, I get more particular.....

All that saved me from spending some money, I guess
    Last edited by Shipwreck; 08-14-2018 at 10:01 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by shipwreck View Post
    Everyone who knows me knows I prefer DA/SA guns. Has not always been that way, but for the past 12-13 years, that has been my thing. Anything else is usually just a range toy....

I have owned about 6 or 7 Glocks over the past 20 years. I have none now.

But, the G19x had gotten my attention lately. I kinda like the looks, and everything I have read on all the various gun forums made me more interested. I also like that it comes with night sights already installed.

Well, I finally went and looked at a Glock 19x yesterday evening. Played with it a few minutes and dry fired it a few times... But, I just can't make myself do it.

My EDC is a HK P2000 9mm DA/SA, and I also have a 9mm P2000sk for when I need something smaller. Occasionally, I carry a 9mm Walther P99 A/S instead of the HK. And, the Beretta 92 is my favorite platform of handgun (with my hip problems, I just can't carry such a heavy gun on my side anymore)....

The Glock just doesn't do it for me. The # of guns I have owned over the past 20 years is in the 3 digits. But, it seems that as I get older, I get more particular.....

All that saved me from spending some money, I guess

Good thing you didn't shoot it...

Quote Originally Posted by ubervic View Post
    I'd have to handle and fire the 19x to know for sure, but it seems the opposite of what I've been daydreaming about for months: a chopped 17, or 17k. I like the g17.3 fine and shoot it well-----better than the 19.4 I had at one point in time----but just occasionally wish that the grip were a bit shorter for carry, a la g19. I can't envision preferring the short slide/long grip combo. Not saying all those raving about it are wrong. It just seems a real stretch in the wrong direction for me.
    My 19x checked all the boxes for me. I have large hands, drive a lot and carry AIWB. The larger grip is a bonus. The shorter slide is appreciated when driving and hiding the grip isn’t an issue AIWB. I now carry my 19x most of the time.

User Tag List