Page 95 of 95 FirstFirst ... 4585939495

Thread: Glock 19X?

Quote Originally Posted by El Cid View Post
    Indeed it is.

Here’s the mag pic while I’m at it.
    Badass setup, you're a gentleman and scholar sir.

Any Unintended Consequence, If Right-Side Slide Latch Thumb Pad Removed?

Well, when using a two-handed hold, left-handed, I am quite annoyed by the right-side (for the left thumb) slide latch extension. Even though I am left-handed*, “I disapprove of its very existence,” to paraphrase the cinematic Doc Holliday, played by actor Dennis Quaid. At least on my G19x, this contemptible flap of sheet metal is very notably more-prominent than the one on the left side. (The more-tucked-in left-side slide latch lever pad, for right-hand manipulation, does not interfere with my two-handed right-hand shooting.)

I do not “flag” my thumbs, while shooting. Thumbs toward the enemy/opponent/target, if appropriate for the weapon, has been my practice, with most autos, including 1911 and Glock, or thumbs-down, for most revolvers.

I wonder if there would be any unintended consequence, if I cut it away? (Obviouly, I would have to be diligent about rust prevention.)

Of course, in the real world, if shooting lefty, I will probably only have one hand available, to shoot the pistol, anyway, as I am still carrying “primary” at 0300, but it would be nice to be able to optimize my two-handed lefty hold.

*I chose to carry on my right hip, for several reasons, when first able to legally carry a handgun, as a police rookie. I am left-handed, but right-armed. (I throw right-handed.) My right thumb, hand, wrist, and shoulder, are getting gimpy, so I am increasingly prioritizing lefty shooting, and may well have to carry lefty, sooner or later.
    Last edited by Rex G; 01-16-2019 at 04:24 PM.

Today I dropped my KKM barrel and comp into my 19X.

Started with confirming POI at 25 yards, and it elevated the POI about 6".

I quickly moved to shooting it across a stage of three targets at 7, 15 and 25. Inconclusive results because it quickly started to FTE/FTF a lot with American Eagle 124 grain FMJ. Like every 3rd shot or so.

Too bad because it felt like a centerfire .22 and was gonna be immense fun if it ran like it did in my Gen 3 or 4 G19s.
    “Remember, being healthy is basically just dying as slowly as possible,” Ricky Gervais

JHC - Data point. My KKM barrel/comp in my Gen4 26 had the same 6” shift in POI.

ETA: I had to drop a couple pounds off the recoil spring using a Wolff non-captured set-up to get mine to run weaker ammo. Same spring seems for for full house loads. During my last outing this week, I did have light primer strikes on two Monarch steel cased loads. As I consider that, not sure if that was due to issues with the primers (my first assumption) or,my thumbs rubbing the slide may have kept the slide from fully locking up. I will be going back to validate that carry ammo runs well with the factory recoil spring and, if so, that is what will live in the gun.
    Last edited by Tensaw; 03-24-2019 at 03:16 PM.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by JHC View Post
    Today I dropped my KKM barrel and comp into my 19X.

Started with confirming POI at 25 yards, and it elevated the POI about 6".

I quickly moved to shooting it across a stage of three targets at 7, 15 and 25. Inconclusive results because it quickly started to FTE/FTF a lot with American Eagle 124 grain FMJ. Like every 3rd shot or so.

Too bad because it felt like a centerfire .22 and was gonna be immense fun if it ran like it did in my Gen 3 or 4 G19s.
    Hence the utility of RDS or even Dawson adjustables with a comp.

Quote Originally Posted by Tensaw View Post
    JHC - Data point. My KKM barrel/comp in my Gen4 26 had the same 6” shift in POI.

ETA: I had to drop a couple pounds off the recoil spring using a Wolff non-captured set-up to get mine to run weaker ammo. Same spring seems for for full house loads. During my last outing this week, I did have light primer strikes on two Monarch steel cased loads. As I consider that, not sure if that was due to issues with the primers (my first assumption) or,my thumbs rubbing the slide may have kept the slide from fully locking up. I will be going back to validate that carry ammo runs well with the factory recoil spring and, if so, that is what will live in the gun.
    I've seen few but consistent Monarch failures like that with several stock Glocks and at a higher consistent rate with a 320.

A little less spring might do it. Some Lawman ammo might too.
    Last edited by JHC; 03-24-2019 at 03:41 PM.
    “Remember, being healthy is basically just dying as slowly as possible,” Ricky Gervais

User Tag List