Page 37 of 95 FirstFirst ... 2735363738394787 ... LastLast

Thread: Glock 19X?

Quote Originally Posted by El Cid View Post
    Are the 19X front rails longer? Or are they moved towards the back of the gun?
    IDK, even re-looking at the pic IDK.
    “Remember, being healthy is basically just dying as slowly as possible,” Ricky Gervais

Weird Gateway error resulted in duplicate posts.
    Last edited by JHC; 01-21-2018 at 11:38 AM.
    “Remember, being healthy is basically just dying as slowly as possible,” Ricky Gervais

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    I am hearing reports the 19X and G5/26 are coming with great triggers.
    Just sayin' man. Yesterday I fondled 7 fresh Gen 5 family guns; 19Xs, 26-5, 17-5. I thought their triggers seemed more like my awesome G43 than they did like the 19-5 I owned briefly.

I shot one of those 19X this morning side by side with my new G4 G19 with a minus connector. Both measure around 5.5 on my RCBS scale. The cleaner break of the 19X was pretty stark.

With temps in the 20's me and the 19X guy along had some hurting hands and neither of us could string together much in the way of groups and our smart phone timer apps were both acting up. So shooting results to measure were near nil. We'll see about that when it warms up.

Exception: With the 19X, my D1 to a 4x6 @ 7 yards SHO were like PR level though (don't need a timer to measure my SHO shooting ). THAT got my attention.

I thought the OEM three tritium dot steel sights were just fine. I wouldn't see the need to change them myself I don't think.

FWIW I finished with 50 rds from my LB Operator and all was right in my world again for 25 yard shooting.
    Last edited by JHC; 01-21-2018 at 11:23 AM.

I’m a TDA douche but I’m gonna add one of these to the stable in the next month or two. Glock is the only striker gun I entertain anymore
    Shoot more, post less...

I handled another 19X today and the trigger was less impressive than on the first sample that I fingered last week. A 19.5 and 26.5 were next to it and their triggers felt better. I concluded that Glocks will be Glocks and their triggers will be Glock triggers, with expected variability from meh to wow based on individual sample.
    Last edited by YVK; 01-22-2018 at 01:19 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by YVK View Post
    I handled another 19X today and the trigger was less impressive than on the first sample that I fingered last week. A 19.5 and 26.5 were next to it and their triggers felt better. I concluded that Glocks will be Glocks and their triggers will be Glock triggers, with expected variability from meh to wow based on individual sample.
    That's about right. I think the main thing I like about the Gen 5 is that the trigger is all mush, and I can mush through it all the time, vs trying to predict when the 'wall' will break on the unpredictable Gen4 and Gen3 triggers.

I've cooled off on the X and am planning a little cross country airplane trip that involves an FBO loaner car and a gunshop with Gen5 26s in-stock in College Station.

Quote Originally Posted by JHC View Post
    These were sent to me. Gen 5 G19 and 19X.
    Attachment 23132
    Quote Originally Posted by El Cid View Post
    Are the 19X front rails longer? Or are they moved towards the back of the gun?
    IDK, even re-looking at the pic IDK.
    Are we positive the gun on the left is a G19? The location of the front rails says 17 to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Bigghoss View Post
    Are we positive the gun on the left is a G19? The location of the front rails says 17 to me.
    I wasn't there when he snapped these. The expectation was it was 19 and 19X but I'll ask. What he was emphasizing to me was the new part numbered ejector in comparison.

I wasn't there when he snapped these. The expectation was it was 19 and 19X but I'll ask. What he was emphasizing to me was the new part numbered ejector in comparison.
    It really doesn't matter in that regard. Just trying to hopefully clear up the confusion over the frame rails. The spacing of the frame rails from the locking block on the 19X look consistent with other 19's so I'm guessing the other is a 17.

PensFan
    The gun on the left is definitely a 17.

User Tag List