Page 30 of 95 FirstFirst ... 2028293031324080 ... LastLast

Thread: Glock 19X?

In free-range, non-GMO, organic, fair trade Broad Ripple, IN
    Quote Originally Posted by JAD View Post
    And in case you were wondering, yes they have. I’ve seen them called ‘Commanding Officer’s;” King’s made one and called it a tank officer. @theJanitor probably has one.

http://archives.collectorsfirearms.c...&product=c3434
    Auto-Ordnance ZG-51 Pit Bull was I think the first factory one?
    Books. Bikes. Boomsticks.

I can explain it to you. I can’t understand it for you.

I bought my first Glock, a 19.4, at this time last year. It’s my first non-1911 in over a decade, and I’ve gone the Roland route with it.

At the time I bought it, it was very difficult to decide between a 19 or a 17. The 17 grip felt much better, and it’s only been with a triggergaurd undercut and one of the low-profile mag wells that I can just get my whole hand on the gun. I knew I would RMR the gun when I got it, and the KKM comped G19 slide being the same as a G34 length slide is fine, but I knew if I got the 17, I would not comp it- too much length.

I like the 19X configuration, and I think it’ll be my next pistol, and having a 19.4 and 19X makes sense to me.

I have seen a link where Brownells is offering a Gen3 aftermarket G19 frame with an aftermarket G17 slide, and the package appears to have been designed as a whole that way. I know it’s not the same as a factory Gen5 in that format, but possibly Glock will release such a gun in the future.
    Last edited by Bergeron; 01-07-2018 at 01:25 AM.

Looks like recoil grip chopped g19x.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That’s a bit more than I was envisioning...
    "When the phone rang, Parker was in the garage, killing a man."

Quote Originally Posted by Trukinjp13 View Post
    Glock perfection! Seriously, seeing the lanyard and the lip on the same jettisoned piece of plastic is a visual grabber.

You can’t make this up: Glock 19 modified to 19 specs.

As to the officer top/C bottom, how were they reported to work? All the reliability of the Officer’s without the concealibility?

^Officer length 1911s are troubled no matter what grip is on it.

I don't see any reason to chop the 19X as it's only unique feature is the grip. A 17K does not fit in the hand like a 19, so maybe it works better for 'em.

Quote Originally Posted by Trukinjp13 View Post

And that’s how the first Glock 19 was made.

Oh, wait...

My posts only represent my personal opinion and do not necessarily reflect the opinions or official policies of any employer, past or present. Obvious spelling errors are likely the result of an iPhone keyboard.

Quote Originally Posted by KeeFus View Post
    Which is why I will never buy this particular Glock. IMHO, the best thing Glock has going for it is interchangeable parts, and this includes the magazines. The 19X not being able to accept other 17/19 mags is a no-sale for me. I know this gun will likely run like a raped ape but...its a Glock...is there really anything new or groundbreaking here? If it is I don’t see it.

There was a time many moons ago where I actually thought having the latest and greatest pistol with all the modifications would make me a better shooter...just like some people think this pistol will “track better” or whatever. I think everyone here knows that’s a lie.
    Cut off the "camel toe"; problem solved.

I do not need another pistol (just bought a CZ P-09 Suppressor Ready) and will send it and it's P-07 SR older brother to Cajun Gun Works for Pro Grade enhancements.

However, when my GSSF Coupon arrives and a 19X is available with properly aligned sights I will have it. I'll cut off the front lip on the mag well such that it can use Gen 5 mags.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Tom_Jones View Post
    I don’t recall what people posted for the MSRP, but for $630 I’m just going to go ahead and pre-order from Bud’s and avoid the hassle of trying to find one for less after they are shipping.

Unless, of course, someone wants to hook a brother up.
    $533 Blue Label.

Quote Originally Posted by Navyguns View Post
    I really don't understand much of the disdained for Glock lately. The gen. 5 was the FBI pistol brought to market for civilians. Which should be a well tested piece of equipment. The FBI could have chosen any pistol they want. Then Glock brings the Army MHS they submitted, to market for civilians (19X) and it seems to have the same amount of irritation that Trump does to snowflakes. If Glock didn't bring those pistols to market, there would have been outrage.

Pistol that follow a SIMILAR dimension to the Glock 19X:
    H&K VP9, P30
    FN 509, FNS
    M&P 45 mod. 1.0 with 4 inch barrel variation
    1911 Commander
    Sig Sauer P320 Carry model
    Beretta Centurion
    M&P 9 FS
    Steyr C9-A1 & M9-A1
    Wilson Combat Sentinal Professional
    EXACTLY!!