Page 85 of 95 FirstFirst ... 35758384858687 ... LastLast

Thread: Glock 19X?

Quote Originally Posted by Mjolnir View Post
    Not to be a spoil sport but the FN 509 Tactical seems AWFULLY hard to beat for an optics-ready pistol...

So much so that... Grrrrrrr

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Optics ready strikes me as a compromise compared to direct milled.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    Optics ready strikes me as a compromise compared to direct milled.
    It may be, ultimately. It *APPEARS* to be (from an engineering perspective) very solid.

I think it’s going to be the future whether it’s better or not - I’m assuming not as well - but you cannot mass produce what Doug so expertly does.

Quote Originally Posted by Grey View Post
    Probably is for a factory ready option but ill take a direct milled slide everyday of the week.

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using Tapatalk
    The nice thing is that you can go back to irons at some point if you choose to.

If it’s dedicated RMR-only then I, too, would call on Doug.

Can still go back to irons with a cover plate.

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using Tapatalk

Hope to give you my impressions of the 19X with a dot by early next week.
    Looking forward to your report.

You can also switch to a acro when you want.....

I picked up a 19X recently. It's been very accurate for me. Part of that is probably the front sight being wider than what I normally use. Averaging high 90s on a B8 at 25 yards and high 290s on the Advanced Super Test. The sights feel a bit slower for me. FAST times were around 5 seconds though, so maybe it just felt slower. It shoots well for me, although the grip does feel too long. My hands aren't huge and I still prefer the feel of a 19 with a magwell.

The big downside: the 19X does not like my 147 gr reloads. The chamber is noticeably tighter and they don't drop in easily at all. The same rounds are 100% in my 3 Berettas. They ran fine in my Roland Special with the KKM barrel, as well at the Sig 365 recently. I might try to load them a little shorter and see if they chamber. The 19X not feeding my reloads is a deal breaker for me. I don't want to have to jack around with that stuff. That's why I got a Dillon 1050 in the first place, so I could make just make large quantities of the same load; Shoot more and load less.

I'll see how it goes, but I'll probably have a 19X for sale soon.
    #M9Life

Quote Originally Posted by CalmlyDeMented View Post
    I picked up a 19X recently. It's been very accurate for me. Part of that is probably the front sight being wider than what I normally use. Averaging high 90s on a B8 at 25 yards and high 290s on the Advanced Super Test. The sights feel a bit slower for me. FAST times were around 5 seconds though, so maybe it just felt slower. It shoots well for me, although the grip does feel too long. My hands aren't huge and I still prefer the feel of a 19 with a magwell.

The big downside: the 19X does not like my 147 gr reloads. The chamber is noticeably tighter and they don't drop in easily at all. The same rounds are 100% in my 3 Berettas. They ran fine in my Roland Special with the KKM barrel, as well at the Sig 365 recently. I might try to load them a little shorter and see if they chamber. The 19X not feeding my reloads is a deal breaker for me. I don't want to have to jack around with that stuff. That's why I got a Dillon 1050 in the first place, so I could make just make large quantities of the same load; Shoot more and load less.

#M9Life
    You get a new gun and stock, shoot it crazy accurate and do FAST tests in 5, but it doesn’t like your reload length and that makes it a no go. People are tough these days.

9mm factory ammo is as cheap as I remember it.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Site Supporter
    You get a new gun and stock, shoot it crazy accurate and do FAST tests in 5, but it doesn’t like your reload length and that makes it a no go. People are tough these days.

9mm factory ammo is as cheap as I remember it.
    I remember Wnchester White Box 115gr ball at WalMart for 9.99/100. Hasn’t been there in a long time. Cheapest I’ve seen recently is 18.80/100.

But I am buying 9mm ammo by the case rather than spend any time reloading for it at the moment, because it’s cheaper than it’s been in about 15 years. And my time is better spent on other things than bulk 9mm reloading.

This guy’s post makes me want a 19x more than I already do: accurate, reliable, and fast shooting. What’s not to like? Fits my hands better than a 19 ever did.

Quote Originally Posted by CalmlyDeMented View Post

#M9Life
    What bullet and length are you loading?

User Tag List