Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: Fixed magnification optics at close ranges

Quote Originally Posted by CS Tactical View Post
    I'm hoping that Nightforce releases that 1-8 this year, we will see...
    You tooo?? I think we’ll be talking when they do.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    AKA: SkyLine1

Supporting Business CS Tactical's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by JM Campbell View Post
    You tooo?? I think we’ll be talking when they do.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Hopefully we get a truckload of them before most other places like we did the fantastic 7-35's
    CS Tactical
    For the best pricing on Optics please PM or call 916.670.1103
    Dealer for Zero Compromise, Tangent Theta, Leupold,
    Nightforce, MDT, Vortex, XLR Industries and more...
    www.cstactical.com

Quote Originally Posted by Failure2Stop View Post
    All black irons at night with a light tends to work ok on uniformly colored stationary targets out to mid-range.
    Add in target movement, darker clothing, and a target focus, and they fall apart pretty fast.
    A floating dot type reticle might not be the most precise aiming instrument for those with eye issues, but simply being able to focus on the target, its movement, and the peripheral during the shooting part makes them stand head and shoulders above irons of any configuration for every test subject I have seen that is at all familiar with dot optics.
    I should also clarify that I'm not suggesting that one takes iron sights over optics, just that at the very low budget range, I would tend to trust them more than I could trust some of the low end optics.

Quote Originally Posted by arcfide View Post
    I should also clarify that I'm not suggesting that one takes iron sights over optics, just that at the very low budget range, I would tend to trust them more than I could trust some of the low end optics.
    So what you’re saying is that one would be better off investing in a good set of iron sights and work with those while they saved up for a good quality optic?

Sent from mah smertfone using tapathingy

I'm quite late to this thread, but I had a 4x ACOG on an M4 and hated using it for any kind of CQB work. I ended up also putting an RMR on top of the ACOG and much preferred using that for anything close range and using the ACOG for 50+ yd shooting.

Quote Originally Posted by spinmove_ View Post
    So what you’re saying is that one would be better off investing in a good set of iron sights and work with those while they saved up for a good quality optic?
    That's what I would generally do if it were me. I'd get the good light and good irons first, and then increase my training and skill level while saving up for the optic of my choice.

Of course, I'm also in a location that allows me to resell anything that I don't like fairly easily, so that has to be taken into consideration. I have tried a lot of stuff and subsequently sold it for little loss as far as optics go. That has allowed me to try pretty much every type and class of optic and decide what worked well for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Gio View Post
    I'm quite late to this thread, but I had a 4x ACOG on an M4 and hated using it for any kind of CQB work. I ended up also putting an RMR on top of the ACOG and much preferred using that for anything close range and using the ACOG for 50+ yd shooting.
    Decent work can be made with this setup...

How does the 3.5x ACOG perform at close range compared to the 4X?
    Not talking real CQB, just 25+ m ranges.

All I have to say is that if anyone is looking for an in stock LPV or Holographic site, now is the time to get one for a great price from us. PM or call 916.670.1103 for details.

(And yes I'm vague for a reason, I can answer that question privately as well)
    CS Tactical
    www.cstactical.com

Quote Originally Posted by CS Tactical View Post
    All I have to say is that if anyone is looking for an in stock LPV or Holographic site, now is the time to get one for a great price from us. PM or call 916.670.1103 for details.

(And yes I'm vague for a reason, I can answer that question privately as well)
    For example:

Eotech's $75 rebate on holographic sights are about to end this month, we have black and tan EXPS 3-0's in stock so call us for a price on one or all

Other options available and all PM's responded too.
    CS Tactical
    www.cstactical.com

User Tag List