Page 59 of 126 FirstFirst ... 949575859606169109 ... LastLast

Thread: Grizzly Bear Defense

@GJM, do you load your Grizzly defense shotgun with all slugs?
    “There is no growth in the comfort zone.”--Jocko Willink
    "You can never have too many knives." --Joe Ambercrombie

Quote Originally Posted by Clusterfrack View Post
    @GJM, do you load your Grizzly defense shotgun with all slugs?
    Yes, loaded with all Brenneke slugs. I carry a #6 shotshell in my pocket for harvesting a game bird along with a rubber projectile shotshell for shooting a bear in the ass. The drill is not to “select slug,” but rather select a specialty load if needed.

We will be camping in the desert tonight, and I will have a 1301 loaded with Brenneke slugs available. No buckshot along with me on the trip.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    ... rubber projectile shotshell for shooting a bear in the ass. The drill is not to “select slug,” but rather select a specialty load if needed.
    Makes sense. Thanks.

What non-lethal shells are you using? Have you tried on a bear?

Makes sense. Thanks.

What non-lethal shells are you using? Have you tried on a bear?
    I have had that rubber slug so long, I can remember where I got it. As to whether I have shot a bear with one, I am smarter than I look. Ideal use is barricaded in your cabin, prop a window open and shoot the bear with the rubber slug to get him out of the area.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Kenai Chest Holster arrived for the G20. Retention was ridiculously heavy, and I couldn’t draw the gun with one hand. Mini heat gun reduced the dimples, and it’s good to go now.

Site Supporter
    How do you draw with a cover garment? I don't get the purpose of this rig, but what to I know?

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Glenn E. Meyer View Post
    How do you draw with a cover garment? I don't get the purpose of this rig, but what to I know?
    It’s adjustable, and intended to be worn outside the clothes, not under.

Kenai Chest Holster arrived for the G20. Retention was ridiculously heavy, and I couldn’t draw the gun with one hand. Mini heat gun reduced the dimples, and it’s good to go now.
    I like to put a strip of velcro on the excess strap that comes out of the buckles so I can reposition it for different packs and layers without the strap flopping around. Don't need to tell you this I'm sure but check it with a loaded pack so you can adjust any hard spots out of the way.

Quote Originally Posted by Duelist View Post
    It’s adjustable, and intended to be worn outside the clothes, not under.
    Last AK trip I carried the G20 AIWB in a JMCK WC 2.5 on some very burly hikes. All else equal, I'd rather draw from AIWB than from the Kenai. But, if I'm in full raingear, with a pack, or on an ATV, the chest rig seems like a better option.

Cover garment? No cover garment. That chest rig is for the 2nd Amendment education tour at the local Starbuck's. JK Glenn

Last AK trip I carried the G20 AIWB in a JMCK WC 2.5 on some very burly hikes. All else equal, I'd rather draw from AIWB than from the Kenai. But, if I'm in full raingear, with a pack, or on an ATV, the chest rig seems like a better option.
    Really though, is it going to be easier to to unzip and get around chest straps and stuff, vs just ripping and clearing?
    "And for a regular dude I’m maybe okay...but what I learned is if there’s a door, I’m going out it not in it"-Duke
    "Just because a girl sleeps with her brother doesn't mean she's easy..."-Blues

User Tag List