Page 12 of 126 FirstFirst ... 210111213142262112 ... LastLast

Thread: Grizzly Bear Defense

Unless the robots use human weaknesses to catch their victims in a vulnerable situation. ...Harmony, an anatomically correct sex doll with a patented animatronic talking head with programmable personality and memory.

One critic worries that the doll’s artificial intelligence app could be hacked to make it kill its owner (like the vengeance meted out by sex robots in the film “Ex Machina” and TV show “Westworld”).
    "You can't win a war with choirboys. " Mad Mike Hoare

Is there a general consensus on how much Underwood Lehigh Xtreme Penetrator to run through your semi-auto to call it good before heading out to the field?

Quote Originally Posted by Indy5000 View Post
    Is there a general consensus on how much Underwood Lehigh Xtreme Penetrator to run through your semi-auto to call it good before heading out to the field?

I have not had a single stoppage with it in the Glock 26/19/34, Glock 23, PX4C, Glock 20, USP FS 45, USP FS .40, P30L 9, HK45C and probably some more I have forgotten. Collectively I have shot north of 1,000 rounds of it, as loaded by Underwood. The bullet profile is very close to FMJ profile, and will likely not as good as a wide meplat in terms of killing, I value reliability over meplat.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

GJM, so it sounds like if I run a couple of 20 round boxes through my M&P shooting a couple of drills, you would call it good to go? Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Indy5000 View Post
    GJM, so it sounds like if I run a couple of 20 round boxes through my M&P shooting a couple of drills, you would call it good to go? Thanks.
    I would, based on my experience, but I encourage you to follow your gut.

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    I have not had a single stoppage with it in the Glock 26/19/34, Glock 23, PX4C, Glock 20, USP FS 45, USP FS .40, P30L 9, HK45C and probably some more I have forgotten. Collectively I have shot north of 1,000 rounds of it, as loaded by Underwood. The bullet profile is very close to FMJ profile, and will likely not as good as a wide meplat in terms of killing, I value reliability over meplat.
    Wow, 1000 rounds of XP. Thanks for doing that, George—and for telling us about it. That’s great to hear.
    “There is no growth in the comfort zone.”--Jocko Willink
    "You can never have too many knives." --Joe Ambercrombie

Quote Originally Posted by Clusterfrack View Post
    Wow, 1000 rounds of XP. Thanks for doing that, George—and for telling us about it. That’s great to hear.
    Initially, I was shooting a bunch of the Underwood Lehigh .45 Super in the USP FS to assess function, accuracy and POI. That led to vetting multiple USP and then HK45C pistols with Super. Once I saw the loads functioned perfectly in those HK models, I kept trying it in more calibers and different pistols.

Not a Grizzly, more likely a mid-size Black bear, but this is what we found one morning while walking on the beach at Inverhuron Provincial Park two weeks ago. Being in Canada, no guns but I did have my Spyderco Native.

Attachment 27640
    We could isolate Russia totally from the world and maybe they could apply for membership after 2000 years.

Is that Spyderco Native legal in Canada?
    “There is no growth in the comfort zone.”--Jocko Willink
    "You can never have too many knives." --Joe Ambercrombie

Quote Originally Posted by Clusterfrack View Post
    Is that Spyderco Native legal in Canada?
    Yes it’s legal to own. However the Canadian customs has been seizing them when people are trying to take them across or importing them. There has been some disagreement over the customs interpretation of what knives are allowed to come into Canada.

When we crossed I told them we were camping and we had two knives and an axe. He didn’t ask to see them.
    We could isolate Russia totally from the world and maybe they could apply for membership after 2000 years.

User Tag List