Page 60 of 126 FirstFirst ... 1050585960616270110 ... LastLast

Thread: Grizzly Bear Defense

Quote Originally Posted by wvincent View Post
    Really though, is it going to be easier to to unzip and get around chest straps and stuff, vs just ripping and clearing?
    If I can’t put the holster on the outside of everything, I agree. Why bother? I’ve tried it over heavy clothing and with a pack. So far so good.
    “There is no growth in the comfort zone.”--Jocko Willink
    "You can never have too many knives." --Joe Ambercrombie

Quote Originally Posted by Clusterfrack View Post
    Last AK trip I carried the G20 AIWB in a JMCK WC 2.5 on some very burly hikes. All else equal, I'd rather draw from AIWB than from the Kenai. But, if I'm in full raingear, with a pack, or on an ATV, the chest rig seems like a better option.
    I've been very happy with my Kenai chest rig. Worn externally hunting at times and worn under a coat/jacket for other applications which were largely hiking related. While not a speed rig, it was IMO very accessible with a tug at a zipper and wallah, grip.
    “Remember, being healthy is basically just dying as slowly as possible,” Ricky Gervais

Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    Good Lord. That is surely the stuff from which both nightmares and PTS are made.

PS. I LoL’d at “once inside the safety of the yurt...”

”But in the end all of these ideas just manufacture new criminals when the problem isn't a lack of criminals.” -JRB

I am so not showing this to Mrs CF.

Quote Originally Posted by Clusterfrack View Post
    I am so not showing this to Mrs CF.
    Moral of the story is very bad things happen when a guy forgets to put the seat down.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Grizzly Bear Defense

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    Moral of the story is very bad things happen when a guy forgets to put the seat down.
    I know a guy who got bit on the testicle by a funnel web spider in a porta John in Australia. Might be worse than getting bit on the ass by a black bear.

I’ve never looked for a bear in an outhouse but I’ll always check for Black Widows et al.
    Just a dog chauffeur that used to hold the dumb end of the leash.

From the article: "They figure the bear got inside the outhouse through an opening at the bottom of the back door."

I obviously haven't been keeping up. I have been in both one holer and two holer outhouses, but never in one with a back door that gave access to under the seat. I'm only familiar with the ones that are a seat over a hole in the ground. Is this one that has a 55 gallon drum or something, instead of a hole, with the intent of burning the ... effluent, or something?

Quote Originally Posted by whomever View Post
    From the article: "They figure the bear got inside the outhouse through an opening at the bottom of the back door."

I obviously haven't been keeping up. I have been in both one holer and two holer outhouses, but never in one with a back door that gave access to under the seat. I'm only familiar with the ones that are a seat over a hole in the ground. Is this one that has a 55 gallon drum or something, instead of a hole, with the intent of burning the ... effluent, or something?
    That was my guess.

Just when I thought I had my wife convinced to do a trip to Alaska in 2023, this article had to pop up on the internet for her to see.
    I was into 10mm Auto before it sold out and went mainstream, but these days I'm here for the revolver and epidemiology information.

User Tag List