Page 46 of 126 FirstFirst ... 3644454647485696 ... LastLast

Thread: Grizzly Bear Defense

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    I have observed and heard of enough odd things with bullets, when they strike things, to not be surprised by most anything related to their terminal performance.
    I was standing next to Louie Awerbuck as he controlled a mover target while an LEO in class performed a select slug drill and I witnessed a 12g slug clip the brim of the trucker's cap on the mover, resulting in a hole through the crown of the hat and just grazing the target's rubber head.

After that, I decided that if I shot something and it didn't respond as expected, I should probably shoot it again as I most likely didn't get the hit I thought I did.

I have observed and heard of enough odd things with bullets, when they strike things, to not be surprised by most anything related to their terminal performance.
    Exactly ..... an aberration doesn't make anything (including bears) bullet-proof unless you don't shoot them well or repeatedly.
    Last edited by 41magfan; 09-11-2019 at 02:52 PM.
    The path of least resistance will seldom get you where you need to be.

Quote Originally Posted by Doc_Glock View Post
    I don’t know if you went to it but a Facebook post linked in article gave more details:

https://www.facebook.com/glenn.marli...12029416290100

Including this photo of a rifle shot that didn’t penetrate the skull of the sow.

Supposedly 30-06. I find the fact that it did not penetrate through and through at point blank range unbelievable! Any comments or thoughts?
    My well informed source has now changed the story.. as goes the internet. That was the first shot. The angle is deceiving and I guess it never even hit the skull, or glanced off of it and went under the skin. Kill shot was to the body.

Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Site Supporter
    @GJM

Name:  CE2FFE94-4D5F-4E0E-B444-EB660CFFECF0.jpg
Views: 555
Size:  42.0 KB

2 from WA, 2 from NM.
    Just ran on the 11 o'clock news: Local hunter recovering after grizzly attacks in Montana mountains | KIRO-TV
    At this time the link goes to a cursory text report, they ran an interview so maybe it'll be updated.
    Recovering Gun Store Commando. My Blog: The Clue Meter
    “It doesn’t matter what the problem is, the solution is always for us to give the government more money and power, while we eat less meat.”
    Glenn Reynolds

https://mtstandard.com/news/state-an...34e89e030.html

Bear confirmed injured, but unable to locate.

“retreated after the man fired several shots at the bear's head and chest”

Unknown caliber handgun at this time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Site Supporter
    Not a grizzly, but still awesome

User Tag List