Page 103 of 126 FirstFirst ... 35393101102103104105113 ... LastLast
Results 1,021 to 1,030 of 1253

Thread: Grizzly Bear Defense

Quote Originally Posted by msstate56 View Post
    The Underwood 200 HC exhibited poor accuracy, as in 6-8” groups at 25 yards, and had two split cases. They promptly exchanged the ammo for 140 penetrators at my request.

The Grizzly Cartridge experience has been awful. I ordered a 200 round case of 200 WFNGC (the key here being the G and C for “Gas Check”). This load would lead up the barrel with only 4-5 shots. Out of 10 shots- 2-3 would be in the black of a B8, 3-4 scattered all over the 8 and 7 rings, and 2-3 not even on paper. I finally noticed bullets keyholing and some hitting completely sideways. I decided to pull a few bullets. No gas checks on the bullets. Multiple calls and emails to Grizzly have gone unanswered. Attachment 106981
    Thats rather discouraging.

George tried various loads in a half dozen or so G 10mms and had less then encouraging reliability results.
    “Far better it is to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs, even though checkered by failure, than to take rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy much nor suffer much, because they live in the gray twilight that knows neither victory nor defeat.”
    ― Theodore Roosevelt

Site Supporter
    So far my Gen 4 G20 has been nothing but reliable. Ammo problems yes, but it feeds, fires, extracts, and ejects everything I’ve put through it. At least 300 rounds of the “heavy stuff” and 500-600 regular 10mm loads.

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    Bear viewing bears are close to humans daily. It would take chewing on someone before bullets would fly.
    Friend just shared this video with me.

Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Wow, really beautiful bears. But I would not do that.
    “There is no growth in the comfort zone.”--Jocko Willink
    "You can never have too many knives." --Joe Ambercrombie

Yikes! Correct me if I’m wrong but if one of those cubs makes the wrong noise or gets startled Mama is opening a can of whip ass.
    Last edited by Coyotesfan97; 07-11-2023 at 04:56 PM.
    Just a dog chauffeur that used to hold the dumb end of the leash.

I'm always amazed at the seemingly endless supply of people that want to be the next Tim Treadwell. That old saying about fortuitous outcomes keeps coming to mind.
    The path of least resistance will seldom get you where you need to be.

To me, this is similar to getting bolted in a carbon fiber tube to visit the ocean depths. It might end well, but then again it might not.

.... And then, it's the bear's fault....
    "... And miles to go before I sleep".

The people in that video are incredibly irresponsible and disrespectful.
    I was into 10mm Auto before it sold out and went mainstream, but these days I'm here for the revolver and epidemiology information.

Personally, I am not a fan of "bear viewing," but exactly that sort of activity happens with dozens of groups every day in the summer on the Katmai coast of Alaska.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

User Tag List