Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: 2H AIWB garment clear.

I wanted to bump this thread, because I think the topic has been better explained.

@AsianJedi made this video that covers the idea I was trying to explain, but with a better method and better explanation. The video made me understand why what I'm doing works for me, and how I can make it work for me better.

-Cory
    Last edited by Cory; 02-21-2018 at 08:25 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by cor_man257 View Post
    I wanted to bump this thread, because I think the topic has been better explained.

@AsianJedi made this video that covers the idea I was trying to explain, but with a better method and better explanation. The video made me understand why what I'm doing works for me, and how I can make it work for me better.

-Cory
    Thanks for sharing this Cory. Glad you dug it.
    FAST Coin Owner #15
    Paper M in Carry Optics #A96020
    Point 1 Tactics Elite Standards Coin #4

Site Supporter
    Good thread.

Not that I place myself in the same category as more advanced shooters, but my AIWB draw looks exactly like what is shown in AsianJedi's video. It worked well for me during the last class I attended.

Also, one thing I noticed watching Mr_White's video is that his left hand drops somewhat straight down while letting go of the cover garment before acquiring the two-handed grip. I just let go of my cover garment and move my support hand directly from my sternum over to the gun. This is definitely not a critique, just an observation.

Quote Originally Posted by Robinson View Post
    Good thread.

Not that I place myself in the same category as more advanced shooters, but my AIWB draw looks exactly like what is shown in AsianJedi's video. It worked well for me during the last class I attended.

Also, one thing I noticed watching Mr_White's video is that his left hand drops somewhat straight down while letting go of the cover garment before acquiring the two-handed grip. I just let go of my cover garment and move my support hand directly from my sternum over to the gun. This is definitely not a critique, just an observation.
    You are absolutely right that I do that and it is the weirdest thing. It is completely unintentional and seems to be an unconscious method that emerged for me early on with AIWB to deal with the clear-garment-join-hands transition. I think I must have been getting more thumbs and rear sights caught on the shirt and this is how my body solved it without asking me.
    Technical excellence supports tactical preparedness
    Lord of the Food Court
    http://www.gabewhitetraining.com

@AsianJedi

Nice video and instruction Scott!
    Technical excellence supports tactical preparedness
    Lord of the Food Court
    http://www.gabewhitetraining.com

Tagged for later, excellent thread.

Mike Seeklander promotes a two-hand draw that leads and clears with the strong hand versus clearing with the weak hand. It seems to be a hair slower than traditional off-hand clearing but it also simplifies by carrying over to the one-handed clear and draw as if your off-hand was occupied. What's everyone's opinion on this approach?
    Last edited by Larry T; 02-24-2018 at 08:49 AM.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Larry T View Post
    Mike Seeklander promotes a two-hand draw that leads and clears with the strong hand versus clearing with the weak hand. It seems to be a hair slower than traditional off-hand clearing but it also simplifies by carrying over to the one-handed clear and draw as if your off-hand was occupied. What's everyone's opinion on this approach?
    I personally would not use that technique if I had both hands free, but it is something that should be practiced in case you ever need to draw one handed. With practice it can be done with reliable success but in my opinion use both hands if they are free because that method is even more reliable.

@Mr_White Appreciate that brother!
    Last edited by AsianJedi; 02-24-2018 at 10:14 AM.
    FAST Coin Owner #15
    Paper M in Carry Optics #A96020
    Point 1 Tactics Elite Standards Coin #4

Quote Originally Posted by Larry T View Post
    That's actually pretty much what I do.

I'm far from an expert and tend to like things simple. Back in the late 90s, early 00s, when I was getting fully into appendix carry, I wanted to be able to draw my gun with one hand only for the exact same reasoning that Seeklander presents. Being a simple guy, I just wanted a draw that I didn't have to change whether I was doing it with one hand or two from easy to simple conditions (e.g. one hand on the steering wheel, one hand on the gun in case something could develop) and the method presented in the video was the way my body found it easiest to do it. That one draw works for just about every situation I could think of or had experienced. As Seeklander says it's far from the fastest, but the consistency across all situations works for me.
    " La rose est sans pourquoi, elle fleurit parce qu’elle fleurit ; Elle n’a souci d’elle-même, ne demande pas si on la voit. » Angelus Silesius
    "There are problems in this universe for which there are no answers." Paul Muad'dib

User Tag List