Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Gen 4 Glock 17 Locking block pin started “walking” out while firing

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Spr1 View Post
    Did you try to center it perfectly? Sometimes you can feel when the reduced diameter portion lines up just right with the block. That will give you the best chance of it staying put.
    I think this is it. Thnak you !

I have had this occur on a Gen 3 G34 some time ago. I think it is a matter of seating the pin evenly in the middle of the block.

Not unique to Gen 4 guns.

I concur with the two posts immediately above. Additionally, check to make sure that the pin isn't unduly worn or bent; if there are any perceived questions about your pin(s), simply immediately replace 'em-the things are dirt cheap, and a call to Glock will probably result in them being sent to you gratis.

Best, Jon

THE THIRST MUTILATOR Nephrology's Avatar
    This does happen occasionally as others have noticed. My gen 3 Glock 17 does this, particularly when it's hot out. Don't sweat it too much. Try a new set of pins and see if that fixes anything.

Gen 4 Glock 17 Locking block pin started “walking” out while firing

This has happened to me 2 of the past 3 range trips. Usually after 100 rounds or so. I don't notice it until I go to holster and it won't holster because the pin is sticking out too much.

Sorry to bring up an old thread but I figured it was better than starting a new one.

Have there been any other solutions in the past 4 years? I guess I'll just buy new pins.

Edit: this is happening with a gen 4 19

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by JCS; 09-05-2016 at 08:48 AM.
    "Shooting is 90% mental. The rest is in your head." -Nils

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by 1776United View Post
    This has happened to me 2 of the past 3 range trips. Usually after 100 rounds or so. I don't notice it until I go to holster and it won't holster because the pin is sticking out too much.

Sorry to bring up an old thread but I figured it was better than starting a new one.

Have there been any other solutions in the past 4 years? I guess I'll just buy new pins.

Edit: this is happening with a gen 4 19

Centering the pin has addressed it in the two or three instances I've seen.

I recently had this happen with a gen3 23. I pushed it back in several times without luck but after very carefully centering it, it seems to be staying put. Hopefully that helps

PensFan
    Glock recommends that you remove the pins left to right, reinstall right to left. The more you disassemble the frame the more wear you put on the the pin holes, especially the LB pin. FWIW

I've heard that using a lighter weight recoil spring can cause the frame holes to become egg shaped. Is this true? I use 13lb recoil springs in my 17/34 Glocks.

That's what I get for buying a plastic pistol [emoji12]

"Shooting is 90% mental. The rest is in your head." -Nils

User Tag List