Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Gen 4 Glock 17 Locking block pin started “walking” out while firing

Site Supporter

Gen 4 Glock 17 Locking block pin started “walking” out while firing

Yesterday, one of my shooters had an issue with his personally owned Agency approved Gen4 Glock 17. The Locking block pin started “walking” out while he was firing.

Neither the pin, nor the pin hole feel loose. We just pushed it back in and resumed firing.

I have not seen this before. Any suggestions or concerns on this issue?

the weapon was purchased directly from Glock in December 2011. It has the current RSA and ejector.

That's the big pin, right?

Very strange.
    If you want a vision of the future, imagine a boot stamping on a human face - forever. -George Orwell

Check to see if the locking block pin is broken.

Site Supporter
    Fuse, No. The Big pin is the Trgger pin. The locking block pin is the smaller one just above it.

Is the spring leg of the slide release in the right spot?

I've seen that a few times. Just that extra half millimeter push in (right to left IME) seating it has always ended pin walking for me.
    “Remember, being healthy is basically just dying as slowly as possible,” Ricky Gervais

I had a gen3 34 that did that everytime I shot it. Tried multiple pins and multiple locking blocks. Same. Sent it back to Glock. Said was within specs and sent back. Still did it. Sold gun. Told new owner to beware. I think frame hole were out of spec too large. Kind of unhappy Glock didn't want to help me with it. You could try to deform ends of pin to hold it in better but would be a bitch to get in and out when you needed to. Know of a few others had same issue.

Did you try to center it perfectly? Sometimes you can feel when the reduced diameter portion lines up just right with the block. That will give you the best chance of it staying put.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Spr1 View Post
    Did you try to center it perfectly? Sometimes you can feel when the reduced diameter portion lines up just right with the block. That will give you the best chance of it staying put.
    I agree.

Pistolero
    Try securing the pin at one end with a little glue and a length of string. Hang it up. After it's suspended, lightly coat it with some clear acrylic nail polish. Others I'm aware of have spray painted their loose pins with black wood burning stove paint. Problem should be solved, forever!

User Tag List