Thread: wolff 6lb trigger spring

wolff 6lb trigger spring

Was thinking about installing the Wolff 6lb trigger spring in a gen 4 Glock 19 to play around with the trigger a bit and have read good reviews on it. I don't have a trigger scale so I wont be able to tell what the weight is accurately, and have had a hard time finding anything on the internet as it seems like everyone has paired them with different connectors. Can anyone tell me if I leave everything else in stock configuration except for the wolff spring what the approximate trigger weight would be. I would like to stay around 5 pounds not looking for a super light trigger just trying to clean it up a bit and shave a little weight off. Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Bulldog View Post
    Was thinking about installing the Wolff 6lb trigger spring in a gen 4 Glock 19 to play around with the trigger a bit and have read good reviews on it. I don't have a trigger scale so I wont be able to tell what the weight is accurately, and have had a hard time finding anything on the internet as it seems like everyone has paired them with different connectors. Can anyone tell me if I leave everything else in stock configuration except for the wolff spring what the approximate trigger weight would be. I would like to stay around 5 pounds not looking for a super light trigger just trying to clean it up a bit and shave a little weight off. Thanks
    Extra power trigger return spring is going to light up the pull a bit. From my observation you'll get more mileage out of the striker spring. I think you'll feel a "cleaner" trigger with a 5# striker spring though. In fact, you may just want to buy all the springs from Wolff. Xpower Trigger Spring, 5# striker spring, and reduced power firing pin safety spring and mix and match until you get the pull your looking for.
    A71593

PensFan
    Keep in mind when installing extra power trigger springs. The trigger spring helps you mainly by increasing tension reward on the trigger. Since springs are mass produced you need to be sure the trigger safety properly resets both from the reward position and with and without pressure on the trigger. No two springs are the same, some have more or less tension. FWIW

They do seem to fail sooner than the OEM Spring.
    Welcome to Africa, bring a hardhat.

thank you for the replies it was definitely helpful, it seems like the potential problems would not be worth the results it would provide. I don't want to mess with something that could cause failures. Thanks again

User Tag List