Thread: Northeast/Midwest Counterdrug Training Centers

Northeast/Midwest Counterdrug Training Centers

I'm looking at taking some classes at either facility in the near future. Have any of the officers here trained with either organization, if so how was it? You can PM me as well.
    Last edited by andre3k; 10-27-2017 at 03:16 PM.

Site Supporter
    I attended a Midwest Counter Drug's 3 day TCCC class. It was and export class held here in TX. It was an excellent. Much better than my own agency TCCC class.

Quote Originally Posted by andre3k View Post
    I'm looking at taking some classes at either facility in the near future. Have any of the officers here trained with either organization, if so how was it? You can PM me as well.
    Regarding MCTC (www.counterdrugtraining.com)... Cadre is generally pretty good, courses good, cost effective, and pretty easy to host with a few caveats. Viable option.

Quote Originally Posted by HCM View Post
    I attended a Midwest Counter Drug's 3 day TCCC class. It was and export class held here in TX. It was an excellent. Much better than my own agency TCCC class.

Yes, they do a pretty good job with those.

And your inbox is full.
    Last edited by ST911; 10-27-2017 at 06:50 PM.
    الدهون القاع الفتيات لك جعل العالم هزاز جولة الذهاب

I have attended a number of clandestine lab classes at MCTC and export classes. All of the instructors, curriculum and facilities have been first rate!

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by ST911 View Post
    Regarding MCTC (www.counterdrugtraining.com)... Cadre is generally pretty good, courses good, cost effective, and pretty easy to host with a few caveats. Viable option.

Yes, they do a pretty good job with those.

And your inbox is full.
    Inbox cleared.

Site Supporter
    I attended a warrant service class at Fort Indianhead Gap several years ago. Primary instructors were NYPD narcotics detectives. It was a really good class and targeted for officers or units serving warrants without SWAT. (We cab debate that issue in another thread.) No live fire or true force-on-force, but the scenarios were realistic. As I recall, we used deactivated and retired PA Attorney General investigator S&W 6900 series pistols for scenarios which could be physical. Blue guns would have been a better option, but free is free.

The all ranks club/mess hall ( I realize there is a more current term for that) was OK for beer, but the flies in there during meals led me to believe the reserve postal unit training on base was being acclimated for their immediate deployment down range. Food was good. The guest quarters were basic and not what you'd expect at an OK motel, but they were clean and "no charge" has a quality all its own. Firearms had to be checked in when arriving on base. (Again, another thread.)

I enjoyed the training and it was a good time. I took a week's leave to attend the class and don't regret it. In fact, I'll check their schedule to see if anything interesting is coming up.

User Tag List