Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Any Update on the .356 TSW project?

Any Update on the .356 TSW project?

Anyone hear any updates regarding this? Some brief discussion with Apex in an earlier thread. Seems like a solid resurrection.

I had an a Colt Gov't .38 super with factory 9 x 23 mm conversion and that was a fun shootin' round lemme tell ya. Wish I still had it.

Also, for those in the know, can you simply rechamber an existing 9mm barrel for this round? Or is there more to it?
    Thanks.
    Dave

Quote Originally Posted by Polecat View Post
    Anyone hear any updates regarding this? Some brief discussion with Apex in an earlier thread. Seems like a solid resurrection.

I had an a Colt Gov't .38 super with factory 9 x 23 mm conversion and that was a fun shootin' round lemme tell ya. Wish I still had it.

Also, for those in the know, can you simply rechamber an existing 9mm barrel for this round? Or is there more to it?
    Thanks.
    Dave
    I remember when this was introduced, and thought it was a great concept. Too bad they focused solely on competition, and not other uses.

This is the first I’m hearing about any resurrection of the round. Interesting.

Thanks.
    Dave
    Mr. Randy Lee posted a picture on FB the other day showing a CZ P10 with a .356TSW barrel along with 2 other semi-auto barrels (one appears to be 1911 barrel and the other possibly a Glock barrel) and a S&W Perf. Center 929 in .356TSW.
    He, IIRC, mentioned waiting on brass from Hornady. Or maybe it was ammunition.
    So, it looks like it's moving along.
    Last edited by Exiledviking; 10-31-2017 at 01:46 AM.

Asked him about it the other day. He wrote the issue now is waiting to find a ballistic research facility to do testing.

Facts matter...Feelings Can Lie

356 TSW update

Thanks.
    Dave
    An update on the 356 TSW Glock 17 & Glock 19 Briley barrel conversion kits, Corbon 115 grain JHP and Underwood 115 grain JHP: during testing in June 2020 Corbon averaged about 1612 fps from the Glock 17 conversion kit and about 1569 fps from the Glock 19 conversion kit. Underwood averaged about 1570 fps from the Glock 17 conversion kit and about 1540 fps from the Glock 19 conversion kit. Accuracy and feeding were good, no anomalies were observed. Starline makes strong brass, Corbon and Underwood load great ammo, ISMI springs and LWD guide rods are first rate, and the Briley barrels are top notch. Glocks are....Glocks, and with 356 TSW they are that much better.

Ammo is available through Ammoseek, Corbon, Underwood, Selway, Midway.

356 TSW Glock conversion kits are available on Gunbroker.

Look for others to catch up at some point with even more options (Apex/Hornady)?

That is 9x23 performance. BB claims a 115 at 1550.
    The least of those loads G19 115 at 1540 is power factor 177 - old major - from a 4" barrel.
    You are not getting that for free in a 9mm P length action, pressure must be high.
    Code Name: JET STREAM

Quote Originally Posted by s537 View Post
    An update on the 356 TSW Glock 17 & Glock 19 Briley barrel conversion kits, Corbon 115 grain JHP and Underwood 115 grain JHP: during testing in June 2020 Corbon averaged about 1612 fps from the Glock 17 conversion kit and about 1569 fps from the Glock 19 conversion kit. Underwood averaged about 1570 fps from the Glock 17 conversion kit and about 1540 fps from the Glock 19 conversion kit. Accuracy and feeding were good, no anomalies were observed. Starline makes strong brass, Corbon and Underwood load great ammo, ISMI springs and LWD guide rods are first rate, and the Briley barrels are top notch. Glocks are....Glocks, and with 356 TSW they are that much better.

Ammo is available through Ammoseek, Corbon, Underwood, Selway, Midway.

356 TSW Glock conversion kits are available on Gunbroker.

Look for others to catch up at some point with even more options (Apex/Hornady)?
    Source for this ^^?

I just did a quick google search and found some with ammo seek. Expensive but it is defensive ammo. My Colt super would love it.

Quote Originally Posted by Erick Gelhaus View Post
    Source for this ^^?
    I believe he is the same person who is selling two Briley Glock 17 conversions on Gunbroker under the seller "ss537".

User Tag List