Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Ken Hackathorn-Larry Vickers Advanced Handgun

Quote Originally Posted by taadski View Post
    Ken has allowed other schools/classes/experience to fulfill his prerequisites for this course in the past. Might be worth a call. It's not one to be missed.
    I didn’t make the LAV/Hack class a few weeks back @ Bill’s ranch but know for a fact some/many of the attendees did not have previous classes w/ either of those men. This was also the case for my training partner in a 2015 class near Waxahachie. He had zero time w/ Ken but joined me for an advanced class that had a night iteration & daytime work using hot guns in near proximity of other shooters > snake drill etc.

I’d be very surprised if any of the poster’s in this thread got turned down for the 2018 class, no doubt I’d be all over it if they came back to my AO.
    Last edited by OldRunner/CSAT Neighbor; 10-30-2017 at 08:07 AM.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by HopetonBrown View Post
    Where are you seeing these prerequisites?
    Checked out his course descriptions page, http://www.vickerstactical.com/class-specific-info.html. Hadn't checked out Ken's website until now but don't see prerequisites there. Just checked on LAVs as he's closer to my neck of the woods.

Will drop Mr. Hackathorn a line per taadski's above.

If I'm honest with myself, I don't deserve to pick up brass for either of these guys but what an opportunity to learn from two paragons of tactical and defensive shooting.
    In one physical model of the universe, the shortest distance between two points is a straight line... in the opposite direction, Danny. -Ty Webb

Smoke Bomb / Ninja Vanish Chance's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by OldRunner/CSAT Neighbor View Post
    He had zero time w/ Ken but joined me for an advanced class that had a night iteration & daytime work using hot guns in near proximity of other shooters > snake drill etc.
    This was the case for me too. A potential caveat, however: Ken was with Alias at the time, and I didn't get the impression Alias was doing any sort of background on the students. At any rate, Ken knew students weren't being vetted, and he didn't seem to have an issue with it.
    "Sapiens dicit: 'Ignoscere divinum est, sed noli pretium plenum pro pizza sero allata solvere.'" - Michelangelo

The Ken and Larry show is something you have to see at least once.
    Welcome to Africa, bring a hardhat.

I’m interested!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Duckysattva View Post
    If I'm honest with myself, I don't deserve to pick up brass for either of these guys but what an opportunity to learn from two paragons of tactical and defensive shooting.
    Wrong.

These two guys live to teach a new way to think about shooting. They both know that there are more profitable ways to go about it, but they prefer to spread the word in person, one shooter at a time. Go and sit at the feet of the masters. You'll leave with a set of skills that will help you improve for the rest of your life.

Okie John
    “The reliability of the 30-06 on most of the world’s non-dangerous game is so well established as to be beyond intelligent dispute.” Finn Aagaard
    "Don't fuck with it" seems to prevent the vast majority of reported issues." BehindBlueI's

If you have safe competent gun handling skills and a firm grasp of the basics of marksmanship you are good to go.
    Last edited by Amp; 10-30-2017 at 06:50 PM.

If you have any desire to receive instruction from or just rub shoulders with a legend, Ken Hackathorn go! Ken is winding down his time as a trainer. In 2016 Ken told me he was cutting in half the number of classes he does each year going forward until he is down to zero and done.

Site Supporter
    I'm in if I can make the dates Amp. Will be keeping an eye out for the schedule, thanks for organizing this.
    In one physical model of the universe, the shortest distance between two points is a straight line... in the opposite direction, Danny. -Ty Webb

I might be interested depending on date.

User Tag List