Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: The Test Variations?

Site Supporter
    Straightforward and cheap! Putting a pack of B8 centers in my next Brownell's order.

Modification for revolver - 60% of everything?

Great thread- I've shot The Test, then saw The Test but it was different, and then more. Throw in Super Test and the Langdon Test and it can be confusing.
    Will have to shoot a couple of these tomorrow.
    Last edited by holmes168; 10-27-2017 at 08:18 PM.
    This country needs an enema- Blues approved sig line

Quote Originally Posted by revchuck38 View Post
    Straightforward and cheap! Putting a pack of B8 centers in my next Brownell's order.

Modification for revolver - 60% of everything?

DB's and Wayne have already done it for you. Check out HiTS Revolver Super Test

"Wayne and I came up with the "Super Test" and Advanced Super Test for semi autos awhile ago and find it to be a great shooting drill. We modified it for Revolvers.

1. 15 yards, 6 rounds 12 seconds.
    2. 10 yards, 6 rounds 8 seconds.
    3. 5 yards, 6 rounds 4 seconds.

Advanced version is same times from the holster. We score it by the rings on a B8 Bull. 162 out of 180 to pass. We shot it last Tuesday with Wayne's model 15 (179, that would have been a 180 with a small turn of elevation in the rear sight), and I shot a 180 with my Model 14. I currently shoot the Model 14 better than anything else. It's a fun drill that is a good fundamentals test."

I really like this one!
    Last edited by Pit; 10-27-2017 at 08:15 PM.

Site Supporter
    @Pit - Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Pit View Post
    DB's and Wayne have already done it for you. Check out HiTS Revolver Super Test

"Wayne and I came up with the "Super Test" and Advanced Super Test for semi autos awhile ago and find it to be a great shooting drill. We modified it for Revolvers.

1. 15 yards, 6 rounds 12 seconds.
    2. 10 yards, 6 rounds 8 seconds.
    3. 5 yards, 6 rounds 4 seconds.

Advanced version is same times from the holster. We score it by the rings on a B8 Bull. 162 out of 180 to pass. We shot it last Tuesday with Wayne's model 15 (179, that would have been a 180 with a small turn of elevation in the rear sight), and I shot a 180 with my Model 14. I currently shoot the Model 14 better than anything else. It's a fun drill that is a good fundamentals test."

I really like this one!
    A 4" K-Frame is a great gun to shoot that test with. I took a picture of a 176 that I shot with my 4" Model 15 when I was running it one day. Next time I try it I'm gonna use a GP100.

Vickers had a version of the Test where it was the usual 10 rounds, 10 yards from the ready. Every round outside the black of a B8 repair center added 1 sec, rounds off the paper 3 seconds. Add to your time, 10 seconds and under was a pass.

The "Half Test."

Last edited by nwhpfan; 10-28-2017 at 01:40 AM.
    A71593

I ran the advanced super test today with my SD9 VE. I ran it twice, but went over the par time at the 5 yard line on the first run.

The second run I met all the par times. Score was a 283. I was pretty happy with that.

"Next time somebody says USPSA or IPSC is all hosing, junk punch them." - Les Pepperoni
    --

I've also done what I heard termed the "Double Test" which was 20 yards, 10 shots, 20 seconds. Scored on the rings, 90 and above to pass. I spent a very frustrating day shooting it some years ago. I did it from the holster, and I made 90 plenty of times, but my pride wouldn't accept less than all in the black.

I need to break that out again sometime.

Quote Originally Posted by Dagga Boy View Post
    Here was the origination of the HiTS Super Test and Advanced Super Test from the original Facebook post. We also did a Revolver version and a Snub Revolver version.

After spending some time with training legend Ken Hackathorn last week at SHOT show we came up with a new drill today inspired by Ken. We are calling it the "Super Test".
    30 round drill. All starting from a low ready.
    15 yards, 10 rounds in 15 seconds
    10 yards, 10 rounds in 10 seconds
    5 yards, 10 rounds in 5 seconds
    This is scored by the numbers on a B8 Bullseye target. Goal 270 or better. We also did an advanced version starting from the draw with the same times.
    Quote Originally Posted by DanM View Post
    Ernest Langdon's Super Test on Steroids time standards are 7.5s at 15y, 5s at 10y, and 3.5s at 5y. I'm currently working on consistently getting 285/300 on the Advanced Super Test. When I reach that goal, I'll give these crazy time standards a try.
    Tried the HiTS Advanced Super Steroid Test yesterday...great test, very challenging.

From concealment with the new Gen5 G17, I was 5.88/91 points at 15 yards, 3.98/95 points at 10 yards, and 3.10/96 points from 5 yards.

Technical excellence supports tactical preparedness
    Lord of the Food Court
    http://www.gabewhitetraining.com

User Tag List