Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Wilson Combat SureShell carrier

Wilson Combat SureShell carrier

Anyone have this polymer side saddle? Not happy with my Esstac cards.

http://shopwilsoncombat.com/mobile/S...uctinfo/NW508/
    Formerly known as xpd54.
    The opinions expressed in this post are my own and do not reflect the opinions or policies of my employer.
    www.gunsnobbery.wordpress.com

That appears to be a Mesa Tactical side saddle that WC is reselling.

https://mesatactical.com/products/su...6-shell-12-ga/

We use the aluminum ones at work. Other than replacing the elastomer tubes, they do the job well. I suspect the polymer ones will get the job done. I have been considering getting a polymer one myself.

Quote Originally Posted by SamueL View Post
    That appears to be a Mesa Tactical side saddle that WC is reselling.

https://mesatactical.com/products/su...6-shell-12-ga/

We use the aluminum ones at work. Other than replacing the elastomer tubes, they do the job well. I suspect the polymer ones will get the job done. I have been considering getting a polymer one myself.
    I was just looked by at the Mesa and wondered if they were the same. How hard is it to replace the tubes and how often does it need done?
    Formerly known as xpd54.
    The opinions expressed in this post are my own and do not reflect the opinions or policies of my employer.

The elastomer tubes are not hard to replace. Remove the carrier from the receiver, unscrew the back plate, and replace the elastomer tubes.

I can't give you a timeframe for replacement as there are several factors. I replace ours as needed, bascially when they no longer provide retention. You can rotate the tubes so the parts that become compressed from the shells are replaced with fresh elastomer. After a while, the tubes will have no more elasticity and will need replaced. I am replacing the elastomer tubes in ours after probably 8 years. I recently assumed responsibility of weapons maintenance and would not recommend going that long.

Thanks. That helps.
    Formerly known as xpd54.

Quote Originally Posted by Lon View Post
    Anyone have this polymer side saddle? Not happy with my Esstac cards.

http://shopwilsoncombat.com/mobile/S...uctinfo/NW508/
    What do you dislike about the Esstacs?
    I was into 10mm Auto before it sold out and went mainstream, but these days I'm here for the revolver and epidemiology information.

Quote Originally Posted by Lester Polfus View Post
    What do you dislike about the Esstacs?
    They don’t hold the shells very well. Even brass up. I guess I got spoiled with my 3gungear.com side saddles. Too bad they aren’t in business anymore.
    Formerly known as xpd54.

Quote Originally Posted by Lon View Post
    They don’t hold the shells very well. Even brass up. I guess I got spoiled with my 3gungear.com side saddles. Too bad they aren’t in business anymore.
    Gotcha. Thanks.
    I was into 10mm Auto before it sold out and went mainstream, but these days I'm here for the revolver and epidemiology information.

I had some Esstacs that didn't hold shells well and they replaced them 2 for 1 with some new ones that have held shells fine. I had a Mesa saddle and it wasn't bad, as long as I remembered to take the shells out on my weekend the insert held up for two years.
    Whether you think you can or you can't, you're probably right.

I am going to have to try one of these. I ran a Mesa several years back and eventually ditched it because I didn't feel like the shells were held securely enough, even with a new rubber insert. Outside of that though, I really liked it. The older versions, or at least the one I had, only had one insert though. From the pictures, it looks like these have two inserts. I may have to revisit it and see if that improves shell retention enough for me.

User Tag List