Thread: HK/Benelli 121 M1 recoil spring or modification?

HK/Benelli 121 M1 recoil spring or modification?

I have, I think an early pre ban 121 M1 (ser 22xxxx, Arlington) in need of a new recoil spring.

So far I have not been able to get the oem type spring from Benelli, H&K, Midwest, Numrich, or Wolff.

Tried the currently available M1 spring. It is slightly (1/64th"ish) too large in diameter to function, it binds during recoil cycle.

Benelli USA gunsmith seemed to think the currently available M2 recoil spring would function. I ordered one, albeit skeptically.

Internet search indicates speculation that the recoil tube itself could be swapped for later version M1 tube, and then utilize available springs.

Parts sources show this tube available.

I am hoping that someone might have some incite or experience with this issue that might prove helpful before I start throwing money at it.

Thanks in advance,
    KS

You might contact these guys, they were able to help me with a replacement recoil spring assembly a couple of decades ago for 121 series M1 where the spring and tube had rusted out on me. Theirs were stainless steel replacements for the whole mechanism, had to heat up the receiver and sweat fit the thing but it worked.

https://www.surecycle.com/

Thank you I will reach out to them.

Do you happen to have any recollection as to what/who's spring they used?

KS

You'll want the spring from an sl121, iirc.
    Eta: I think the part from a sbe (not 2) will fit as well.
    Last edited by scott; 10-24-2017 at 03:25 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by kilo sierra View Post
    Do you happen to have any recollection as to what/who's spring they used?
    No, sorry, this was late 90's, I was thinking they were in the state of LA back then but it says MO now...sold me a complete stainless steel recoil spring assembly, body, plunger, spring, all of it.

Thanks, I appreciate it.

Gave them a call, very helpful despite not needing the entire system...I'll get back to them with some measurements and they think a current production spring can be found.

KS

Quote Originally Posted by scott View Post
    You'll want the spring from an sl121, iirc.
    Eta: I think the part from a sbe (not 2) will fit as well.
    Thanks...I'll chase that down also.

KS

The Beretta ES100 is alleged to be the same shotgun. The recoil spring is part number EB4100000302. A quick online search doesn't show anyone in the US that has them in stock, but Beretta might if you call them.
    Last edited by txdpd; 10-25-2017 at 12:11 PM.
    Whether you think you can or you can't, you're probably right.

Quote Originally Posted by txdpd View Post
    The Beretta ES100 is alleged to be the same shotgun. The recoil spring is part number EB4100000302. A quick online search doesn't show anyone in the US that has them in stock, but Beretta might if you call them.
    If that's the case (and externally, it certainly looks like it), then this is the sure cycle replacement https://www.brownells.com/shotgun-pa...retta__Pintail

Thanks all..

I will follow up on these leads.

Reached out to RCI, Triangle Shooting Sports, and Sure Cycle. I am extremely impressed with the amount of effort these folks are willing to expend on my behalf to date.

RCI called early a.m. with a website in Italy (how'd he find that?) and was pretty sure the spring available was the one.

Mr Hill at Triangle (answers the phone himself) asked for a couple days to chase down a similar dimensioned spring available for other maker's current production guns.

Sure Cycle seemed to think they could send me several springs they thought would function, for only shipping costs, and let me try them. OR I could (and opted for) provide tube inner diameter and depth, spring diameter and they would make a current source available product recommendation.

The hits just keep on coming...

Thanks again.

KS

User Tag List