Page 1 of 16 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: RCS Vanguard2

RCS Vanguard2

Anybody else see this?

http://militarytimes.com/blogs/gears...the-vanguard2/

Interesting idea, but it doesn't look like it's going to tuck the grip, or allow reholstering.
    Last edited by t1tan; 01-18-2012 at 05:16 PM.

Looks interesting. Why didn't I think of that?
    Phillipians 4:13
    Go Gators/Wildcats!!!
    Glock Cert. Armorer

I used a prototype in ECQC in 2010; Craig had been given a couple as prototypes. It worked pretty well in the evos I used it with.

Looks like it could be tuck-able?

That looks very interesting..... until you think of reholstering a hot gun after firing oh maybe 10 rounds..
    Taking a break from social media.

I don't see it offering much over any other thin IWB holster, with several downsides.
    It looks like it'll shift around easily.
    Re-holstering will be a PITA.
    I'd rather just use one of the suede/soft leather IWB's for the role this would play.

Quote Originally Posted by CCT125US View Post
    That looks very interesting..... until you think of reholstering a hot gun after firing oh maybe 10 rounds..
    Quote Originally Posted by JodyH View Post
    I don't see it offering much over any other thin IWB holster, with several downsides.
    It looks like it'll shift around easily.
    Re-holstering will be a PITA.
    I'd rather just use one of the suede/soft leather IWB's for the role this would play.
    It is more stable than you'd think, but it is meant for carrying on the street and not for range session and/or classes. Your pistol would get very hot and it is a bit of a PITA to reholster.

I need to see more pictures.

Is this intended for conventional IWB?

How is the gun retained?

What's the point in having a "training" holster and a carry holster? Practice a thousand draws with one holster, and have no idea how the holster you actually use for your lifesaving gun behaves?

Color me skeptical.
    Nobody is impressed by what you can't do. -THJ

I've been running two of these in rotation with ECQC students in live fire and Sims evolutions for over a year. There have been no problems at all.

Quote Originally Posted by SouthNarc View Post
    I've been running two of these in rotation with ECQC students in live fire and Sims evolutions for over a year. There have been no problems at all.
    Oh but the guns have got to get hot. Nomex longjohns? If it's stable which I suspect it may be based on your note and RCS reputation, I can see it being useful from the thin/comfort angle although my kydex AIWB and IWB are extremely thin already.
    “Remember, being healthy is basically just dying as slowly as possible,” Ricky Gervais

User Tag List