Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Gen 4 G-19 new sights (Dawsons or TTI)

Gen 4 G-19 new sights (Dawsons or TTI)

Good morning to all,

I recently got a new G-19 I am currently running a T-Cap orange front and a defoor rear on my other G-19's. I am looking to try the fiber optic route. I have narrowed my search down the Dawson Chargers or Taran tactical sights. These be used as all around sights, carry, competition and range practice. Please let me know if anyone has any experience with either one. I am specifically looking at
    1. POA vs POI issues, I prefer a "drive the dot hold" (I train with generic 115 grn WWB and carry Speer Gold dot 124grn +p)
    2. Durability any rust issues or issues with the fiber rod coming loose or breaking?
    3. Any special holster considerations with each sight?
    4. Any other considerations that I should be made aware of.

Thanks for the info.
    W/R
    Steve

Quote Originally Posted by Steve m View Post
    Good morning to all,

I recently got a new G-19 I am currently running a T-Cap orange front and a defoor rear on my other G-19's. I am looking to try the fiber optic route. I have narrowed my search down the Dawson Chargers or Taran tactical sights. These be used as all around sights, carry, competition and range practice. Please let me know if anyone has any experience with either one. I am specifically looking at
    1. POA vs POI issues, I prefer a "drive the dot hold" (I train with generic 115 grn WWB and carry Speer Gold dot 124grn +p)
    2. Durability any rust issues or issues with the fiber rod coming loose or breaking?
    3. Any special holster considerations with each sight?
    4. Any other considerations that I should be made aware of.

Thanks for the info.
    W/R
    Steve
    I have both on different guns. The TTI's are definitely finished nicer (nDLC type coating) and seem to retain their finish better. The problem with the TTI's is they are really only available in one sight height setup. With the Dawson's, you can customize the POI to your load and preferences because of all the various options they have.

Take a look at the 10-8 Performance sights. I've been using his FO front and plain black rear for years now on a number of pistols and just love 'em. Just last week put a set on a recently acquired Gen 4 19

I have TTI's on G17s and Dawson Chargers on my 19.

The notch is deeper on the TTI's. The Ionbond finish is pretty bullet proof.

Can't go wrong with either one. I used Dawson's Perfect Impact policy as my 19 shoots high.

You can find the TTI on ebay for less than retail, and Dawson has a LE discount.

I prefer Dawsons due to the perfect impact policy and I don't like the deep notch on the TTIs. Sights are very personal though, so what I like may not be what you like.

Site Supporter
    My shooting partner has a new Gen 5 G19 and he used the TTIs. They are very nice and have a better finish. I like them. I have Dawson on multiple pistols - my only issue is the finish and they will rust easier than most IMHO.

If you post what your POI is at 15 or 25 yds off a sandbag rest here in this thread with the T-Cap sights, I can calculate if the TTI dimensions will work for you or not.

Gio,

Thanks, If i remember correctly the rear is .256 high, 150 wide notch, the front is .165 high .120 wide. with my preferred carry load Speer Gold dots 124grn+p i am printing about 1.25-1.5 in high at 25 using the drive the dot hold.

thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Steve m View Post
    Gio,

Thanks, If i remember correctly the rear is .256 high, 150 wide notch, the front is .165 high .120 wide. with my preferred carry load Speer Gold dots 124grn+p i am printing about 1.25-1.5 in high at 25 using the drive the dot hold.

thanks
    Double check the rear and front height. If you are 1.5" high at 25, you need to go about 0.010" net change in height (either lower on the rear or higher on the front). The TTI sights come with .245" height rear and .235" height front, which would shift your impact 12" down from where it is now. That doesn't seem right.

just went to the ameriglo web site to confirm the dimensions of the sights.

User Tag List