Thread: 10/22 Day

10/22 Day

Today is the 22nd of October. That makes it 10/22. Which makes it- Oh, never mind, it sounds silly, even to me. But it's a good excuse to start a 10/22 photo thread.

I've had my 10/22 since I was 16. In fact, it's the only 10/22 I have ever owned and until recently, it is at it left the factory four decades ago.

Name:  1022.jpg
Views: 686
Size:  100.8 KB

No major changes. A couple of years ago, the trigger group was swapped out, as the original springs were getting tired after tens of thousands of shots. (Dad was sure happy when I started paying for my own ammo!) It started having light strikes. I'm also (finally) upgrading the sights. The rear is now a Williams aperture sight and I just ordered a Patridge front sight from Skinner.

I know there's more than a few 10/22s out there. Let's see whatcha got!
    Last edited by MistWolf; 10-22-2017 at 07:42 PM.
    We wish to thank the United Network Command for Law and Enforcement, without whose assistance this program would not have been possible.

Built mine from scratch. Kidd trigger, Tactical Solutions receiver, Magpul stock, and Gem-Tech Mist 22 integral can. The only part made by Ruger is the magazine. Lol! Oh and a Vortex Sparc II red dot.

Last edited by El Cid; 10-22-2017 at 08:13 PM.

Name:  84900171-E8ED-4310-B039-347498711BBF.jpg
Views: 653
Size:  35.4 KB
    You can get much more of what you want with a kind word and a gun, than with a kind word alone.

We really should be more observant of this sacred holiday around here. Just saying.

A couple of ours.
    Attached Images Attached Images   

Quote Originally Posted by El Cid View Post
    Built mine from scratch. Kidd trigger, Tactical Solutions receiver, Magpul stock, and Gem-Tech Mist 22 integral can. The only part made by Ruger is the magazine. Lol! Oh and a Vortex Sparc II red dot.

I'll bet you giggle like a little girl when you fire that.
    "The victor is not victorious if the vanquished does not consider himself so."
    ― Ennius

Name:  IMG_5345.jpg
Views: 314
Size:  36.7 KBName:  IMG_3735.jpg
Views: 329
Size:  43.6 KB

I didn't shoot this on 10-22 day but I shot it with my 10-22.

350 yards, 10-22, 30 shots.

15" by 15" steel plate.

I picked up a 10/22 earlier this year, because I'd never owned one. Wood furniture and iron sights just the one I shot almost 40 years ago. One accurate little gun in the early 80s, and in 2020.

Site Supporter
    I missed it, so I went to the closet and told it that I was sorry. Synthetic SS model with a optic on it that can go either red or green reticule. Some Chinese something, I forget. Had it for years, used to carry it around in the Hill country on a friend's ranch to slay the mighty rock or Jack rabbit.

"carbine-infested rural (and suburban) areas"
    Quote Originally Posted by El Cid View Post
    I thought I wasn't going to buy any NFA stuff under 41(f) due to the leftist county and municipal government here, but 114db sure is tempting. Could see doing a very similar build.
    -----------------------------------------
    Not another dime.

User Tag List