Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Mossberg 590 "Shockwave"

Quote Originally Posted by SJC3081 View Post
    I just bought a Shockwave 12 gauge. I fired three rounds of 2.75 one ounce slugs, aimed fire. It was brutal. I'm concerned the recoil is so fierce that it will make the gun not useable.
    To add fired five rounds of full power 00 buck, much more manageable. I'm going to have to train with this gun completely diffence manual of arms compared to other styles of guns.

Not trying to be disrespectful.

One thing I've noticed in a lot of great shooters is that their grip is surprisingly strong for their size. When you are shooting fast, or heavy recoiling guns I find grip strength and aggressiveness helps in management of recoil.

Depending on your age and fitness level I would recommend starting to deadlift. Not only will it work on your grip, it strengthens everything else as well from your shoulders to your calves.

I understand that Jerry Miculek is probably not a powerlifter in his spare time but he has decades of shooting everyday.

I love mine. Did some stippling to her.Really helps when I start sweating after an extended outdoor range session. Removed the stupid strap. Already have over 300 00 and 4 buck rounds through her with a few slugs for good measure. Apparently I have a love for 5 shots with 4 round backups in both my personal defense and home defense weapons

I do not find the sight too low or an issue nor does she shoot high. I was shooting a little left in the beginning until I started getting it straightened out. Just gettng it out in front of me and focusing on the barrel instead of the sight gets her on target fast. This was my first day out pattern testing with Federal Tactical 00 and Brenneke Slugs. The slug was aimed at the head aquare. Everything else at the COM square.

Last edited by eb07; 03-11-2018 at 08:27 AM.

I am pleasantly surprised at the cheap suprema buck shot from Walmart. It's not flight control but it's patterns are consistent and even.

I just finished a range session with the Shockwave 12. Low recoil filte control and Suprema 00 2.75 were used, 35 rounds fired much more manageable. Now I'm happy and really like the gun. It shoots a foot high at 25yards, belly button hold from now on.

User Tag List