Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Mossberg 590 "Shockwave"

Site Supporter
    Today at my lgs I swapped my 12ga Shockwave for the lighter, handier 20 ga version. Motivation was curiosity about this engineered down 20 ga 590. I assumed that because it's a new design, then these specimens would be made with new tooling. Cursory examination shows crisp lines and a minimum of tool marks. The action is slick and needs no tuning. Weight difference is significant. Of course recoil will be heavy because of its lighter weight. I like it but admit the Shockwave has a hard to define mission.

Site Supporter
    Just curious if the fact that remington is now releasing a version of their tac-14 with a brace from the factory changes your mind on this...

Tac-14 with factory brace

Quote Originally Posted by hufnagel View Post
    I'd be very wary and careful about this. The shockwave dropped into a very narrow and specific set of rules. I'm looking now for the doc I saved.

the wood looks nice, but that sling mount looks like something my 10 year old would make out of an old tic tac box.
    Rules to live by: 1. Eat meat, 2. Shoot guns, 3. Fire, 4. Gasoline, 5. Make juniors
    TDA: Learn it. Live it. Love it.... Read these: People Management Triggers 1, 2, 3
    If anyone sees a broken image of mine, please PM me.

They finally do a +1?

Quote Originally Posted by rathos View Post
    Just curious if the fact that remington is now releasing a version of their tac-14 with a brace from the factory changes your mind on this...

Tac-14 with factory brace
    Now that is tempting.

Serbu is going to be releasing a version on the Super Shorty with a brace making it a non-NFA firearm.

Site Supporter
    Wouldn't Serbu have to make a longer barrel than they normally do? The super shorty would still be considered an AOW due to the size even with a brace. Not sure it would be worth the extra scratch just to have Serbu's name on it when I can get the same thing from the factory.

Quote Originally Posted by Bigghoss View Post
    Now that is tempting.

Serbu is going to be releasing a version on the Super Shorty with a brace making it a non-NFA firearm.

Quote Originally Posted by Tom_Jones View Post
    The hardwood model looks nice:

That does look nice. Hope Mossberg offers a wood stocked one.

Mine
    Attachment 23055
    Last edited by 03RN; 01-17-2018 at 07:41 PM.

The brace counts towards the OAL so the barrel can be shorter.

I just bought a Shockwave 12 gauge. I fired three rounds of 2.75 one ounce slugs, aimed fire. It was brutal. I'm concerned the recoil is so fierce that it will make the gun not useable.
    To add fired five rounds of full power 00 buck, much more manageable. I'm going to have to train with this gun completely diffence manual of arms compared to other styles of guns.
    Last edited by SJC3081; 01-18-2018 at 05:09 PM. Reason: Buckshot

Quote Originally Posted by SJC3081 View Post
    I just bought a Shockwave 12 gauge. I fired three rounds of 2.75 one ounce slugs, aimed fire. It was brutal. I'm concerned the recoil is so fierce that it will make the gun not useable.
    To add fired five rounds of full power 00 buck, much more manageable. I'm going to have to train with this gun completely diffence manual of arms compared to other styles of guns.
    S&B buckshot and Spartan Buckshot are pretty tame.

User Tag List