Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Mossberg 590 "Shockwave"

Quote Originally Posted by Sigfan26 View Post
    The difference between Remington and Mossberg is that great?
    Many Mossbergs have a tang mounted safety. Does not work well with pistol grips.

Suarez was actually the basis for my interest in the Shockwave/TAC-14. They do cater more to the Remington, and posted a few times why... but glad to see them doing both versions. Personally, my money is going elsewhere. Have my reservations, which I won’t go into, but out of everything they sell, the forend strap is the only thing I would consider buying... and going to pick up two Magpul Hand Stop kits to make a little nicer setup for my needs (not a strap that can be caught on stuff). The brace, while I see the use, puts the TAC-14 into a standard pistol grip shotgun length... which the reason I picked it up was the overall length.

I traded for my TAC-14 on Friday.

Very happy with it. Not a huge Mossberg fan, and sold my JIC 500 a few months back because I didn’t like it. Prefer the controls on the 870.

Was hesitant with picking up a new Remington, but going over it made me a little more accepting of it. Wouldn’t have order one online, being I know my luck...

Was considering taking the dimples out of the magazine tube and adding a +1 extension, but rather just use the gun for a little bit before deciding. I eventually want to have it completely plated (CCR or Robar), but will have the gun setup and enough rounds through it beforehand. I’m heading down to South Carolina for Thanksgiving, and probably taking it with me. Want to shoot it, so maybe I can make it happen down there.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    The geometry is different enough between them that I’d want to see mounted pics before I drop the coin.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    The differences are the same as any mossberg 500/590 as compared to a remington 870, tang vs. cross bolt safety being the usual big one.
    shockwave is 5+1, TAC-14 is 4+1.
    shockwave has a strap on the fore end to help prevent putting your hand in front of the muzzle during firing.
    I haven't had the tang bite into my hand like some people have (hickock45), but then I also knew about it being possible (hickock45, again) so I might have been gripping it harder to prevent it.

basically, which platform do you prefer.

and I did this to mine recently. still need to shoot it like this to see what I think.

Rules to live by: 1. Eat meat, 2. Shoot guns, 3. Fire, 4. Gasoline, 5. Make juniors
    TDA: Learn it. Live it. Love it.... Read these: People Management Triggers 1, 2, 3
    If anyone sees a broken image of mine, please PM me.

Quote Originally Posted by rathos View Post
    I was thinking of getting one, and now that this kit is out from Suarez I think I will definitely pick one up:

shockwave kit
    I'd be very wary and careful about this. The shockwave dropped into a very narrow and specific set of rules. I'm looking now for the doc I saved.
    Rules to live by: 1. Eat meat, 2. Shoot guns, 3. Fire, 4. Gasoline, 5. Make juniors
    TDA: Learn it. Live it. Love it.... Read these: People Management Triggers 1, 2, 3

Quote Originally Posted by hufnagel View Post
    I'd be very wary and careful about this. The shockwave dropped into a very narrow and specific set of rules. I'm looking now for the doc I saved.
    As I said elsewhere, stuff like this is what caused the ATF to to issue a "THOU SHALT NOT SHOULDER" ruling in the first place.

Site Supporter
    Having shot the Shockwave 125 times, I put it in the same category of pg shotguns that I've enjoyed shooting: interesting indeed. But hard as I try, I can't define a niche for these. So what do I use them for? I keep one in my sock drawer. Yes, I have a large sock drawer. No offense intended to hufnagel, but his Shockwave with the red dot sight looks as silly as does my S&W Governor, which looks silly and is silly and makes me feel silly.
    Last edited by willie; 11-19-2017 at 01:21 PM.

oh i don't disagree it looks silly. I just want to see if it makes it easier to hit things
    it's totally an experiment, since as you said it's hard to define WHAT this thing is exactly good for (although I have my ideas.)

Site Supporter
    Agreed. I suggest Federal low recoil buckshot available online. It's gentle in the Shockwave. So are some varieties of Win AA target loads. One is designated low recoil and I think "low report".

Site Supporter
    Not entirely true. What caused the ATF ruling was all of the idiots writing letters asking, "Can I shoulder this?"

Quote Originally Posted by caleb View Post
    As I said elsewhere, stuff like this is what caused the ATF to to issue a "THOU SHALT NOT SHOULDER" ruling in the first place.

User Tag List