Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Mossberg 590 "Shockwave"

Mossberg 590 "Shockwave"

Yes, I got one. Today in fact.
    No, I haven't shot it yet.
    I have put about 80 rounds of dry fire through it with the 12GA snap caps I have.
    It actually points very naturally.
    Keeping my support arm locked straight and pointing with my thumb parallel to my arm seems to bring it right up on point.
    Brass bead front sight just barely peeks over the top of the receiver, which feels to me like it'll be pretty close to on target, as the top of said is higher than the barrel.

Overall I can see how the u-tube crowd seems to shoot it well and quickly. Now whether I need to wear a mouth guard when shooting is a whole different question.

(also, they have a 20GA listed on their site, but no one can get it yet. I'm tempted to pick one of those up as well.)

That's it. I'll post up more once I get to shoot it... hopefully soon.
    Rules to live by: 1. Eat meat, 2. Shoot guns, 3. Fire, 4. Gasoline, 5. Make juniors
    TDA: Learn it. Live it. Love it.... Read these: People Management Triggers 1, 2, 3
    If anyone sees a broken image of mine, please PM me.

The 20 ga versions of this and the Remington have me veeeery tempted. Looking forward to hearing about them first.

I just heard about the 20ga version. Guess I don't have a use for my spare Raptor grip and 20ga barrel after all.

Site Supporter
    I just now read Mossberg's description of the 20ga version which is a modified 590. I can't handle my 12ga version as well as I like because of arthritis but do like the Shockwave concept. I also like my Governor, which now resides in a bathroom drawer. For me both are weapons for which I'm searching a niche. Hell, I just like guns.

I want a 20ga mostly for fun. I know Federal has a loading in their premium line of #4 for 20ga so that could maybe make this an effective tool. I'm gonna get one eventually for the fun factor and based on how that goes we'll see if it gets used for anything more than S&G. I did buy a bird's head grip made by Speedfeed almost 15 years ago and quickly took it off. Then I stuck it on a 20ga just for fun but I think I only shot it once and it sat in the safe for 7 or 8 years. But that was before I had seen the Clint Smith video on how to use them. Plus my 20ga has a youth fore end that sits much farther back than an normal one. Been trying to locate a 7-and-whatever-inch action tube for the 20ga so I can put magpul furniture on it.

Site Supporter
    I've been considering one in 20ga because giggity

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Got mine last week. At first I thought it was just a range toy but the more I thought about the power to package size ratio, I decided to give it a dance.

Site Supporter
    I was thinking of getting one, and now that this kit is out from Suarez I think I will definitely pick one up:

shockwave kit

Quote Originally Posted by rathos View Post
    I was thinking of getting one, and now that this kit is out from Suarez I think I will definitely pick one up:

shockwave kit
    Interesting, but I’ll reserve judgement until they post pics mounted on a Shockwave - all the mounted pics are on the Remington.

Quote Originally Posted by HeavyDuty View Post
    Interesting, but I’ll reserve judgement until they post pics mounted on a Shockwave - all the mounted pics are on the Remington.
    The difference between Remington and Mossberg is that great?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

User Tag List