Page 9 of 76 FirstFirst ... 78910111959 ... LastLast

Thread: OK, I'm a K-Frame Addict. So Sue Me.

The older Smiths and 1911s speak to a time when "stability and security" in our society was a given. Accountability, responsibility and moral leadership were expected traits to be easily found in those who wanted to lead. Today "not so much" I'm still wondering what happened to all that "shovel ready" money that disappeared, and the trillions since then.

So, I ordered a DAO S&W 64 this morning. I paid the extra $10 for them to hand select one for me, hoping the staff at Southern Ohio Gun know more about revolvers than I do. Being that I all I know about revolvers is that the cylinder rotates, I figured it couldn't hurt. After the credit card fee, the hand select fee, the "adult signature required" shipping fee, and what my FFL charges me for a transfer, I'll be taking this gun home for ~$265. That still sounds like a good deal to me.

Revolvers Revolvers 1911s Stephanie B's Avatar
    My dealer ordered one of the DAO M64s for me yesterday.

I don't know as they'll ever be this cheap again.
    If we have to march off into the next world, let us walk there on the bodies of our enemies.

Quote Originally Posted by SamAdams View Post
    They have fixed sights. You might try some bright day-glo paint on the front sight to make it more visible.
    For less than $5 or $6 at Wally-Woild, you can get a bottle each of black, while and and orange or red nail polish. I paint the rear notch with the black stuff. I put on a coat or two of white on the front sight, then a top coat or two of orange.

Easy to apply, easy to repair and if you don't like it, it all comes off with some acetone.
    If we have to march off into the next world, let us walk there on the bodies of our enemies.

Quote Originally Posted by Stephanie B View Post

Quote Originally Posted by Bigghoss View Post
    Just one, Stephanie?

Quote Originally Posted by Stephanie B

Quote Originally Posted by Bigghoss
    Just one, Stephanie?
    I did buy a SA/DA M64 about 5-6 weeks ago and a Security-Six inbetween. Not to mention the M15 that kicked off this thread.

Quote Originally Posted by Stephanie B View Post
    I did buy a SA/DA M64 about 5-6 weeks ago and a Security-Six inbetween. Not to mention the M15 that kicked off this thread.
    The past is the past. We need to look toward the future. And yours should have more revolvers in it.

Originally Posted by Stephanie B
    The past is the past. We need to look toward the future. And yours should have more revolvers in it.
    For K frames, I have a M&P, 3 M10s, 2 M15s, a M17, a M19, 2 M64s (once the latest order arrives), a M65 and a M66. Sanity has kept me out of most of the N frames (other than a M29, back in the day when I hunted with it). Might be nice to have a 14, but the 19 has a 6" barrel and will fill that role.

I saw a Dan Wesson Model 14 at a LGS. But it didn't have any tools or extra barrels. Obtaining those could get pricey. And putting the cylinder latch ahead of the crane may make it stronger, but I can see where that'd slow things down a little in a match.

Hopefully it's okay to post links here, this seems like a good deal on a trade in model 66: https://www.kingsfirearmsonline.com/...-in-357-magnum

edit: figure I should put the price in, $425 + $15 shipping
    Last edited by Radar Love; 12-15-2017 at 09:07 PM.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by zoomies View Post
    Hopefully it's okay to post links here, this seems like a good deal on a trade in model 66: https://www.kingsfirearmsonline.com/...-in-357-magnum

edit: figure I should put the price in, $425 + $15 shipping
    Has anybody here dealt with King's before? Because I really NEED a model 66.

User Tag List