Page 8 of 76 FirstFirst ... 6789101858 ... LastLast

Thread: OK, I'm a K-Frame Addict. So Sue Me.

I've considered selling my K-frame. Thank you all for keeping me from making such a horrible mistake.

Revolvers Revolvers 1911s Stephanie B's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by 45dotACP View Post
    If you don't have a K frame are you really even an American? I mean...

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk
    That and a 1911. Or maybe a BHP.

Sent from my NSA-approved tracking device via Tapatalk
    If we have to march off into the next world, let us walk there on the bodies of our enemies.

Revolvers Revolvers 1911s Stephanie B's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Bobcat View Post
    I've considered selling my K-frame. Thank you all for keeping me from making such a horrible mistake.
    We live to serve.
    If we have to march off into the next world, let us walk there on the bodies of our enemies.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Stephanie B View Post
    We live to serve.
    And inspire. If it wasn't for this and several related threads, I wouldn't own a K frame.

Quote Originally Posted by Stephanie B View Post
    That and a 1911. Or maybe a BHP.

Sent from my NSA-approved tracking device via Tapatalk
    Those I have examples of.

These Herretts Ropers replaced some sorry rubber things that had been on my 2.5" Model 19.

I also got a chance to visit with Rod Herrett himself, which is always cool.

Sorry for the lousy pics, I am stuck with an old pocket camera for the time being.

The gun is one I intend to keep for when I am too old to fiddle with the semi autos.

With that in mind, I paired it in the photo with my grandfather's Filson he bought after WWII, his Case pen knife, and my great grandfather's Hamilton Railroad Model pocket watch.

Herrett's walnut is always first class when custom ordered. Love the Ropers! Nice memorabilia especially for this time of year!

Quote Originally Posted by Lost River View Post
    These Herretts Ropers replaced some sorry rubber things that had been on my 2.5" Model 19.

...The gun is one I intend to keep for when I am too old to fiddle with the semi autos.
    I miss my 2 1/2" 19.

Hadnt thought of revolvers as geezer guns as an alternative to fiddling with self loaders, but it makes some sense. I thought of them as geezer guns because of being able to shoot super light loads, and I just like them more.

Saw someone on castboolits forum I believe that mentioned shooting 75K wadcutters through their Smith 27. Made me smile and gave me a goal.

Really like the Ropers.
    Last edited by Malamute; 12-12-2017 at 10:57 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Malamute View Post
    I miss my 2 1/2" 19.

Hadnt thought of revolvers as geezer guns as an alternative to fiddling with self loaders, but it makes some sense. I thought of them as geezer guns because of being able to shoot super light loads, and I just like them more.

Saw someone on castboolits forum I believe that mentioned shooting 75K wadcutters through their Smith 27. Made me smile and gave me a goal.

Really like the Ropers.
    Malamute,

It is sort of a case of both.

I figure as we age, and our hand strength/dexterity diminishes, things like racking the slide, and basic skill at arms with auto loaders tends to drop off. Having both taught and observed enough retirement aged folks, I have come to the conclusion that it is in my best interest to set myself up with very simple to operate guns in advance. Generally speaking, people's eyesight goes, along with their hand strength, and that naturally leads to them not wanting to go shoot. I simply figure a couple of K Frames and my old well worn J Frame will do adequate service for that time frame.

As much as I absolutely love N Frame .44s, 1911s, and all that, there comes a point in life where those tools/toys are going to be too much. Hopefully that is a good number of years down the road though!

Plus shooting target wadcutters through K Frames is something that a person can do for quite a long time and not have to worry about damage to their wrists or their gun. And it is just plain fun!

Unless you are a lizard:

He was making a move!

Better pics of the Herretts.

These kind of grips make a classy old gun look so much better as compared to some of the stuff that is marketed today. I think a lot of the newer generation of shooters are sort of oblivious as to what they are missing.

User Tag List