Page 74 of 76 FirstFirst ... 24647273747576 LastLast

Thread: OK, I'm a K-Frame Addict. So Sue Me.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by FrankB View Post
    How much would you spend on a carry K frame? https://www.gunbroker.com/item/1017092066
    ...About HALF of what that one would set you back...But that's me, and I'm a CHEAP so-and-so...

Revolvers Revolvers 1911s Stephanie B's Avatar
    How much would you spend on a carry K frame? https://www.gunbroker.com/item/1017092066
    No bids and 15 minutes to go. Says it all.
    If we have to march off into the next world, let us walk there on the bodies of our enemies.

Quote Originally Posted by Malamute View Post
    Yes but,...the K frame gun will be more fun to shoot and you will gain shooting time over real life what you will actually shoot and enjoy the LCR.

You may need to go shoot someone elses K frame Smith a bit. And if you get one you can bring it west next time, Ill show you how to hit the 300 yard plate with it.
    I'll look for an opportunity to do that, for sure.

I still miss not catching up with you in Cody. Alas we sold the Airstream. I got rear ended in the truck twice last year, maybe it was a sign from God I need a EV or something (kidding, I'm keeping the truck). Best, Rich

Quote Originally Posted by RJ View Post
    I got rear ended in the truck twice last year, maybe it was a sign from God I need a EV or something (kidding, I'm keeping the truck).
    No, you need something like this.
    If we have to march off into the next world, let us walk there on the bodies of our enemies.

Quote Originally Posted by Stephanie B View Post
    No, you need something like this.
    I like it. It even appears to be powered by a Cummins I6 similar to what I had in my '16 Ram 2500. I do miss that truck.

...and now, back to K-frames...I'm still mulling options over, but have been beguiled by the siren song of the 1911, as I have ordered some 185 LSWC to try out. Of course, what should appear in my shopping cart but a couple boxes of .38 Wadcutters for the LCR. I will also admit I perused the used gun section of the local fancy-pants range for options last week...nothing sprung out at me. If I do come across something, I'll be sure and swing back through for advice. This is a great thread.

...and now, back to K-frames...I'm still mulling options over, but have been beguiled by the siren song of the 1911, as I have ordered some 185 LSWC to try out. Of course, what should appear in my shopping cart but a couple boxes of .38 Wadcutters for the LCR. I will also admit I perused the used gun section of the local fancy-pants range for options last week...nothing sprung out at me. If I do come across something, I'll be sure and swing back through for advice. This is a great thread.
    I considered how much ammo and range time I could be spending, getting better with my LCR, and decided to shelve this project for now.
    A non-lightweight, 6-shot, small-to-medium frame revolver will me much more fun and much less taxing to shoot than your LCR.
    On the other hand, a .22 LR LCR will do so as well, in addition to being a cheaper-to-shoot understudy for your .38 LCR.

Obviously, you need both!!
    "It's surprising how often you start wondering just how featureless a desert some people's inner landscapes must be."
    -Maple Syrup Actual

I like it. It even appears to be powered by a Cummins I6 similar to what I had in my '16 Ram 2500. I do miss that truck.

I think k frames go great with 1911s.
    Name:  IMG_20221025_100719.jpg
Views: 175
Size:  39.2 KB
    On the ragged edge of the world I'll roam,
    And the home of the wolf shall be my home - Robert Service

Quote Originally Posted by Stephanie B View Post
    No bids and 15 minutes to go. Says it all.

Thats about what id expect to pay for a factory engraved gun NIB. I may be a bit behind the times on value, but not hugely so. Ive looked at them off and on over time. If I were going to buy anything over a shooter grade older gun it would be engraved, rather than a NIB standard grade gun that was soon to become a shooter grade after I owned it a short while. And yes, if I could afford an engraved gun it would be used, not be a safe queen or something I was afraid to use. Engraved guns with some honest use look absolutely awesome, and age magnificently.
    “Far better it is to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs, even though checkered by failure, than to take rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy much nor suffer much, because they live in the gray twilight that knows neither victory nor defeat.”
    ― Theodore Roosevelt

I have a very nice 6” M19, and a 2.5” barrel arriving in the today’s mail. I’ll have to decide if I want to molest a perfectly fine revolver to make a snub M19.

How did forum members come to own their vintage K frame snubs? Throw cash at them, got lucky, or had them for years?

I have a very nice 6” M19, and a 2.5” barrel arriving in the today’s mail. I’ll have to decide if I want to molest a perfectly fine revolver to make a snub M19.
    I assume that you have a replacement ejector rod on hand, no?

User Tag List