Page 68 of 76 FirstFirst ... 18586667686970 ... LastLast

Thread: OK, I'm a K-Frame Addict. So Sue Me.

Quote Originally Posted by Jamie View Post
    Well that bites.

My local USPS generally isn't much better. But there's no way it should take them so long to figure it out.

Have you reached out to Robertson's?
    I have not. Not sure what they could do.

Quote Originally Posted by SwampDweller View Post
    Dang. I ordered mine on April 25th and it’s still stuck on “acceptance pending” and USPS won’t do anything
    Quote Originally Posted by Jamie View Post
    Well that bites.

My local USPS generally isn't much better. But there's no way it should take them so long to figure it out.

Have you reached out to Robertson's?
    I have not. Not sure what they could do.
    I believe “acceptance pending” just means the shipper has entered the package in the system and it has an assigned tracking number. It doesn’t meant it was shipped. eBay sellers pull this all the time to meet service standards.
    Ken

BBI: ...”you better not forget the safe word because shit's about to get weird”...
    revchuck38: ...”mo' ammo is mo' betta' unless you're swimming or on fire.”

Quote Originally Posted by HeavyDuty View Post
    I believe “acceptance pending” just means the shipper has entered the package in the system and it has an assigned tracking number. It doesn’t meant it was shipped. eBay sellers pull this all the time to meet service standards.
    Alright, I’ll call the seller today and see if this can be worked out.

Well that sucks.

I got mine pretty quickly.

Well Robertson's has tried to help me, and I do believe them when they say that they did indeed give the package to USPS, but it seems the package has been lost to the void. They opened up a missing case report and I am doing the same, but with the total apathy of USPS in my dealings with this, I'm not expecting any miracles. Not sure whether to order another one or just stick with the unmodified grips. They're not bad.

Another reason I am hesitant to ever send USPS money orders or otherwise mail cash.

Well Robertson's has tried to help me, and I do believe them when they say that they did indeed give the package to USPS, but it seems the package has been lost to the void. They opened up a missing case report and I am doing the same, but with the total apathy of USPS in my dealings with this, I'm not expecting any miracles. Not sure whether to order another one or just stick with the unmodified grips. They're not bad.

Another reason I am hesitant to ever send USPS money orders or otherwise mail cash.
    I’ve purchased a few things from Robertsons, and they’ve been great. The USPS and FedEx are awful. I worked for the USPS in 1990, while in grad school. They were the worst bunch of drunks I’ve ever met, and I hand delivered anything that was within a one hour drive after that. They had a mentally handicapped guy who swept the floors, but he routinely took took certified and registered mail from mail carriers desks, and threw it in the trash! I mostly worked in the back during the day, and I had to watch him constantly.

I'm new here, but not to K frames. I currently only have two though... a birth year 15-3 that was so clean and like new when I bought it a couple years ago online, that they advertised it as possibly reblued. I got it for about $300 shipped, and my gunsmith opened it up and said the original oil had dried out and that it had not been refinished. Awesome action and I shot a 5 shot cloverleaf offhand at 15 yards double action with reloads. My friend's jaw dropped on the ground. I have a Herrett grip on it and it usually goes to the range when I do.

My other K frame is an old cop gun, 10-8 that I had a local gunsmith cut to 3" and slabside the barrel and add a dovetailed front sight. I have about $450 into the whole gun now, and it has a smooth action as well. I was going to qualify with it last year but chose a 3" model 64. I later sold the model 64. I also had a 2" model 15-3 which was neat but not as practical as either my 3" model 10-8 or my 4" model 15-3.

I hope to get a model 17 at some point, but until then, I'll just keep shooting my Colt Diamondback...

Quote Originally Posted by Biblethumpncop View Post
    I'm new here, but not to K frames. I currently only have two though... a birth year 15-3 that was so clean and like new when I bought it a couple years ago online, that they advertised it as possibly reblued. I got it for about $300 shipped, and my gunsmith opened it up and said the original oil had dried out and that it had not been refinished. Awesome action and I shot a 5 shot cloverleaf offhand at 15 yards double action with reloads. My friend's jaw dropped on the ground. I have a Herrett grip on it and it usually goes to the range when I do.

My other K frame is an old cop gun, 10-8 that I had a local gunsmith cut to 3" and slabside the barrel and add a dovetailed front sight. I have about $450 into the whole gun now, and it has a smooth action as well. I was going to qualify with it last year but chose a 3" model 64. I later sold the model 64. I also had a 2" model 15-3 which was neat but not as practical as either my 3" model 10-8 or my 4" model 15-3.

I hope to get a model 17 at some point, but until then, I'll just keep shooting my Colt Diamondback...
    Sounds like you’ll fit right in.

....I hope to get a model 17 at some point, but until then, I'll just keep shooting my Colt Diamondback...

The K-22s are one of my all time favorite pistols ever devised, however, I truly miss the 4" Diamondback 22 I had in the mid 80s. It was a squirrel and bunny slaying machine.

Think I got $225 for it when I sold it. Theyve gone up a bit since then.
    “Far better it is to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs, even though checkered by failure, than to take rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy much nor suffer much, because they live in the gray twilight that knows neither victory nor defeat.”
    ― Theodore Roosevelt

I have a 10-8 that’s a real good shooter, who did the work on yours?

User Tag List