Page 52 of 76 FirstFirst ... 242505152535462 ... LastLast

Thread: OK, I'm a K-Frame Addict. So Sue Me.

Revolvers Revolvers 1911s Stephanie B's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Lester Polfus View Post
    I wonder if your easiest way out of this might be to see if they will send you a new rear sight assembly, gratis, rather than roll the dice on sending the gun back.
    Quote Originally Posted by Stephanie B View Post
    In my email to them, I said that if my replacing the rear sight assembly wouldn't void the warranty, that they could send me a new sight assembly and I'd install it. If it would void the warranty, then to send me a RMA label.
    They said that I could get the rear sight off without damaging the gun, they'd send me a replacement sight assembly. I couldn't. The retaining screw came out easily enough, but the rear of the assembly is jammed down, so back it goes.

Here is where it got annoying. I have been emailing CS for over six months over both the last gun and now this one. They have all of my information, several times over. But no, I had to send another email with all of my information, serial # and a description of the problem. I guess so they can have it all in one place with no work required?

Grumble, grumble. I bought this gun at the end of last August. It's looking as though it's going to take nine months to get a working revolver from them.
    If we have to march off into the next world, let us walk there on the bodies of our enemies.

They said that I could get the rear sight off without damaging the gun, they'd send me a replacement sight assembly. I couldn't. The retaining screw came out easily enough, but the rear of the assembly is jammed down, so back it goes.

Here is where it got annoying. I have been emailing CS for over six months over both the last gun and now this one. They have all of my information, several times over. But no, I had to send another email with all of my information, serial # and a description of the problem. I guess so they can have it all in one place with no work required?

Grumble, grumble. I bought this gun at the end of last August. It's looking as though it's going to take nine months to get a working revolver from them.
    Wow. That's pretty messed up.
    I was into 10mm Auto before it sold out and went mainstream, but these days I'm here for the revolver and epidemiology information.

Revolvers Revolvers 1911s Stephanie B's Avatar
    Grumble, grumble. I bought the first gun at the end of last August. It's looking as though it's going to take nine months to get a working revolver from them.
    Corrected, as there has been two guns.
    If we have to march off into the next world, let us walk there on the bodies of our enemies.

Recently I was fortunate enough to again be in the right place at the right time- traded a ANIB M11-A1 Sig for this unicorn 64-5 3” NY-1 with box and papers! It’s got a bit of honest NYPD wear and tear, but the normal incredible DAO trigger.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Quote Originally Posted by Det1397 View Post
    Recently I was fortunate enough to again be in the right place at the right time- traded a ANIB M11-A1 Sig for this unicorn 64-5 3” NY-1 with box and papers! It’s got a bit of honest NYPD wear and tear, but the normal incredible DAO trigger.

Nice find and good trade! I must be in the wrong AO for these items.
    "It's surprising how often you start wondering just how featureless a desert some people's inner landscapes must be."
    -Maple Syrup Actual

What Chuck Whitlock said, video, AO, all of it. The 3” NY-1 is my grail gun.

Some of you guys—and you know who you are—are killing me over here.

”But in the end all of these ideas just manufacture new criminals when the problem isn't a lack of criminals.” -JRB

Look what you people did to me!

There I was minding my own business and then I started reading this thread. I thought, man I don’t have a K-frame, so maybe I am missing out on something.

Then I started obsessing over 03RN showing off his 66-8 and thought that’s exactly what I need. So I get on Gunbroker and start looking. Then I see a beautiful model 19 Classic with walnut grips and that blue just cried out to me. But, I thought, I really am just looking for a 3” gun to carry and the blue will get scratched up and it’s a 4” barrel not a 3” barrel.

I kept looking and on the last day of the auction there was 27 minutes left. So I thought what would be the harm in just putting in a bid and seeing what happens?

This is what happens!

Name:  56DE3AEC-E5BC-4D0F-8795-BDC53F20DF30.jpg
Views: 458
Size:  96.4 KBName:  37B2D38C-3E7E-4403-ADE8-F5573C859340.jpg
Views: 461
Size:  92.8 KB
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Quote Originally Posted by defilade View Post
    Look what you people did to me!

There I was minding my own business and then I started reading this thread. I thought, man I don’t have a K-frame, so maybe I am missing out on something.

Then I started obsessing over 03RN showing off his 66-8 and thought that’s exactly what I need. So I get on Gunbroker and start looking. Then I see a beautiful model 19 Classic with walnut grips and that blue just cried out to me. But, I thought, I really am just looking for a 3” gun to carry and the blue will get scratched up and it’s a 4” barrel not a 3” barrel.

I kept looking and on the last day of the auction there was 27 minutes left. So I thought what would be the harm in just putting in a bid and seeing what happens?

This is what happens!

Name:  56DE3AEC-E5BC-4D0F-8795-BDC53F20DF30.jpg
Views: 458
Size:  96.4 KBName:  37B2D38C-3E7E-4403-ADE8-F5573C859340.jpg
Views: 461
Size:  92.8 KB
    Fucked around and found out? Congrats!
    Ken

BBI: ...”you better not forget the safe word because shit's about to get weird”...
    revchuck38: ...”mo' ammo is mo' betta' unless you're swimming or on fire.”

The Borg: Resistance is futile. Welcome to the Collective.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by kwb377 View Post
    Well, FML...scratch the above.

After removing/cleaning the cylinder stop earlier, I got @ 50 DA pulls with no issue. Went to the garage just now and it's back to doing it again. But the issue is definitely the cylinder stop...not sure how to "tune" that.
    Forgot to update, and call myself out...

Took it apart and found that after cleaning the smegma off the cylinder stop, I dicked-up the install on the CS spring. Once I got it seated correctly, she runs like a charm. I've subsequently put @ 200 rounds through it.

User Tag List