Page 25 of 76 FirstFirst ... 1523242526273575 ... LastLast

Thread: OK, I'm a K-Frame Addict. So Sue Me.

Revolvers Revolvers 1911s Stephanie B's Avatar

There I Go Again!

A Model 14-4 in pretty-near pristine condition:

Name:  Model 14.jpg
Views: 1173
Size:  74.5 KB

In CT, they have to get clearance to sell from the staties. The dealer got through quickly. There have been other times it took an hour or more. When I asked what changed, he said that nobody's selling guns because they can't get the inventory that people want. He said that if you can find a Glock 19, be prepared to pay ~$150 over MSRP.

I'll stick with the wheelies...
    Last edited by Stephanie B; 07-28-2020 at 01:32 PM.
    If we have to march off into the next world, let us walk there on the bodies of our enemies.

Stephanie B:

That's a gorgeous example of the K38. Nice purchase. One of my friends is a retired LAPD motor officer who has a six inch K38 and Farrant stocks. Those are neat guns. Of course, the only thing better would be a LAPD modified K38 with a 4 inch long barrel.

Enjoy your new blaster and let us know how it shoots.

Bruce
    Bruce Cartwright
    Owner & chief instructor-SAC Tactical
    E-mail: "info@saconsco.com"

Quote Originally Posted by Bruce Cartwright View Post
    Stephanie B:

That's a gorgeous example of the K38. Nice purchase. One of my friends is a retired LAPD motor officer who has a six inch K38 and Farrant stocks. Those are neat guns. Of course, the only thing better would be a LAPD modified K38 with a 4 inch long barrel.

Enjoy your new blaster and let us know how it shoots.

Bruce
    Thanks. A LAPD modified one would be nice, but I have a 15-3 for that role. (Which I've shot in both IDPA and USPSA matches.)
    If we have to march off into the next world, let us walk there on the bodies of our enemies.

Quote Originally Posted by Stephanie B View Post
    With regard to the 19-3 nickeled snubbie:

Attachment 57309

The trigger was a narrow one that had been rounded off. It was like trying to squeeze a toothpick. I ordered a .312" smooth trigger from Numrich.

Got it in and installed it. Much better!
    It seemed kind of light, but when I shot it at the range yesterday, it seemed to be really light. Waay light. I ordered a factory mainspring and stain screw.

With regard to the 19-3 nickeled snubbie:

Attachment 57309

The trigger was a narrow one that had been rounded off. It was like trying to squeeze a toothpick. I ordered a .312" smooth trigger from Numrich.

Got it in and installed it. Much better!
    It seemed kind of light, but when I shot it at the range yesterday, it seemed to be really light. Waay light. I ordered a factory mainspring and strain screw.
    I compared the old strain screw with a new one.

This is a photo of a factory strain screw:

Name:  strain screw.jpg
Views: 772
Size:  9.3 KB

On the one that was in the gun, the little rounded dome had been filed off. I put in the new strain screw; the trigger pull increased back up to what I am more comfortable with. (I don't have a trigger or fish scale.)

Carry Ks

Name:  F10A5DB7-C4F8-4BF0-A111-F546E6C17547.jpg
Views: 691
Size:  61.0 KB

19-3, 2.5”

65-2, 3”

64-5, 4”

I use Ranger +P in all of them.

Name:  F10A5DB7-C4F8-4BF0-A111-F546E6C17547.jpg
Views: 691
Size:  61.0 KB

19-3, 2.5”

65-2, 3”

64-5, 4”

I use Ranger +P in all of them.
    Nice collection. Really like the 65. I set up a 3” 64 just like that for my dad for a Father’s Day gift a few years ago.
    Formerly known as xpd54.
    The opinions expressed in this post are my own and do not reflect the opinions or policies of my employer.
    www.gunsnobbery.wordpress.com

I can't begin to describe the machinations it took to buy some guns from a widow in CT, since she doesn't have a permit and her late husband did.

But it's finally done:

Attachment 49245

From the top: A 66-1, a 65-2 and a 19-4. Both the 65 and the 19 have despurred hammers that were not done by the factory. The 19 is a little soft in carrying-up on two cylinders.
    I finally took the 66-1 to the range. First rounds at 10 yards:

Name:  E8757E15-24AD-4C8B-8396-044657F9B643.jpeg
Views: 528
Size:  85.5 KB

I pulled one of the shots. It's accurate, but if I am going to shoot it a lot, that service grooved trigger has got to go. I did better shooting the DAO 64-5 that I bought in December of 2017.

On the other hand, range time has been rather limited, so I should count myself fortunate that all of the shots hit the paper.

I finally took the 66-1 to the range. First rounds at 10 yards:

Name:  E8757E15-24AD-4C8B-8396-044657F9B643.jpeg
Views: 528
Size:  85.5 KB

I pulled one of the shots. It's accurate, but if I am going to shoot it a lot, that service grooved trigger has got to go. I did better shooting the DAO 64-5 that I bought in December of 2017.

On the other hand, range time has been rather limited, so I should count myself fortunate that all of the shots hit the paper.
    Do you replace the serrated trigger, apply a Dremel and sand paper, or have another method to smooth it out?
    Men freely believe that which they desire.
    Julius Caesar

Quote Originally Posted by Wheeler View Post
    Do you replace the serrated trigger, apply a Dremel and sand paper, or have another method to smooth it out?
    My preference is to replace it and keep the original, as well, in case I want to sell.

User Tag List